Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2127781 - 04/24/17 09:26 PM Refund disclosed as a negative number
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
If we have a UFMIP refund amount input under Section H, but should have been subtracted from the MIP amount, would we be bound to the refund amount input under Section H? Would we be able to reissue a new closing disclosure with the correct MIP amount showing and be ok?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2127783 - 04/24/17 09:58 PM Re: Refund disclosed as a negative number Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Amounts properly disclosed in Section H are not normally subject to tolerance tests. If your new UFMIP will be reduced at consummation by the refund amount, I don't see any real harm in making the change.

Return to Top
#2127785 - 04/24/17 10:03 PM Re: Refund disclosed as a negative number Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
Thanks! So, it's safe to assume (if ever) we can adjust the UFMIP on the CD and reflect the lower amount and call it a day!?

Return to Top
#2127788 - 04/24/17 10:33 PM Re: Refund disclosed as a negative number Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It would be safe probably until you tried to sell it to an investor.

Return to Top
#2127789 - 04/24/17 10:48 PM Re: Refund disclosed as a negative number Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
Which is what we are going to do, we don't service any loans.

Return to Top
#2127793 - 04/25/17 12:01 AM Re: Refund disclosed as a negative number Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Then you better be in touch with your investor to see what they will accept at this point.

Return to Top
#2127875 - 04/25/17 03:50 PM Re: Refund disclosed as a negative number Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
On the phone with them now! Thanks for the guidance!

Return to Top