Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2124297 - 03/29/17 10:24 PM DISNEYLAND!
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
Leaving on Monday for Disneyland and would LOVE some tips from those who have been recently. I haven't been since I was six... Let's just say it's been a few years!
I am going with my three kiddos (5, 7, 10), my husband, my mom, my sister, her husband and their two daughters (18).

So lay it on me... Where to eat, what to do first, what to avoid...?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2124298 - 03/29/17 10:33 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Check this out.

Return to Top
#2124300 - 03/29/17 11:20 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
Reg Warrior Offline
100 Club
Definitely need a Dole Whip. If you need a beer or glass of wine, you will need to go California Adventure or to Downtown Disney. Many rides have a "single rider" line, it is the fastest way to get on a ride. Get an app that has the wait times for the rides.

We don't buy food at Disney, we eat at mom/pop restaurants surrounding the park. We bring a backpack full of snacks and a water bottle. We usually ask the hotel staff where they like to eat,non-national chains.

If you need to get away Disneyland/California Adventure, walk through the Disney Hotels. If you had your fill of Disney you can go to Adventure Park or Knott's Berry Farm

Return to Top
#2124313 - 03/30/17 12:32 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I went to Disney, hated it...so my advice is don't go. probably not the advice you are looking for. eek

Return to Top
#2124320 - 03/30/17 01:28 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Have they rolled out Magicbands / the new Fast Pass system at 'Land yet? If yes, read up on that - it's quite different from the paper fast pass process.

Return to Top
#2124327 - 03/30/17 01:44 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
Shellfish Offline
Download the Magic Guide for Disneyland app and you can see the park hours, the wait times for rides at both Disneyland and California Adventure, and the different restaurants (and menus) within the parks, Downtown Disney and the 3 Disney hotels. Next week will be busy as many schools have spring break so it's best to be prepared for long lines. There are many rides that have the fast pass option so you'll want to look into that. For meals, try and eat during "off" times- eat lunch around 11:00 or after 2:00. You can make reservations at some of the Disney restaurants (the app I mentioned will let you know which ones) and you can do that now. If you want to do a character breakfast, you should make reservations now. I love Disneyland but everyone will be happier if you prepare yourself for the crowds. Also, get to the parks as early as possible and leave mid-day (typically a really busy time) for awhile and go back to swim at your hotel if that's an option.

Return to Top
#2124345 - 03/30/17 02:30 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! HappyGilmore
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
I went to Disney, hated it...so my advice is don't go. probably not the advice you are looking for. eek

I am glad that you said it first, my son, as I, hated it. Overpriced, overcrowded and LOUD.

Return to Top
#2124452 - 03/30/17 06:52 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
Alright Negative Nancys... That is not the Disney spirit I was looking for! :P

I am preparing myself for crowds and noise, but hoping we get to walk away with some good memories too. Because let's be honest if this was a vacation for just me, I would be somewhere with a beach and a drink in my hand! laugh

Good advice so far, anyone else ...?

Return to Top
#2124465 - 03/30/17 07:18 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Never been to Disneyland but been to Disneyworld many times, my advice is to have a good time!

Return to Top
#2124495 - 03/30/17 08:26 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
see bugs bunny and the road runner

CAMS

Return to Top
#2124522 - 03/31/17 02:26 AM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Save any leftover E tickets and sell them on ebay. smirk

Return to Top
#2124530 - 03/31/17 01:02 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
Sherlocked Offline
221B Baker St.
Make sure your legs and feet are in shape and walk a few miles a day before you go. You will be sorry if you don't.

Return to Top
#2124549 - 03/31/17 02:27 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! Sherlocked
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By Sherlocked
Make sure your legs and feet are in shape and walk a few miles a day before you go. You will be sorry if you don't.

OP is leaving Monday, so I'm not sure how much good this will do!

Maybe take ibuprofen, BenGay, etc. grin

Return to Top
#2124569 - 03/31/17 03:12 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
Make sure you have broken in shoes--don't want blisters from walking too much.

Have a great time!!!

CRCM

Return to Top
#2124579 - 03/31/17 03:28 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! JacksTigger
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Go left instead of right when entering in the early morning. And bring a credit card with a very large available balance.

Return to Top
#2124712 - 03/31/17 11:14 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! Comply 101
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
Thanks everyone for all of the tips and tricks! laugh

Hope everyone has an awesome week next week. My boss made sure to remind me on his way out that all of my work would still be here waiting when I get back... crazy

Return to Top
#2124713 - 04/01/17 12:35 AM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
What a sweetie - except for tellers and some processors, that's what happens.

Return to Top
#2128131 - 04/26/17 08:17 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
Shellfish Offline
CU Lady- How was your trip to Disneyland?

Return to Top
#2129321 - 05/04/17 11:05 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I'll be there two weeks from today, I'm waiting for an update!

Return to Top
#2129325 - 05/04/17 11:20 PM Re: DISNEYLAND! CULady
CULady Offline
Gold Star
WA
I had a FABULOUS time! I am already planning on going back in the next couple of years! There were lines and it was crowded, but mostly it wasn't noticed. I think the longest we waited was maybe 50 minutes...? But they keep the lines moving very well, so really it doesn't seem quite that long!

My advice/thoughts:
START WALKING! That is my first piece of advice! I walked about 9 miles everyday while there! I really wanted to stay later, but by the end of the day, my feet and legs were giving out.
If you are there for a few days and don't have to try to squeeze everything in, go in the morning, go back to the hotel for lunch and a rest, then go back for the evening. Park gets super busy during midday and if you have little ones, the break is a necessity!
Have a game plan when it comes to bouncing back and forth to the parks (if you have a park hopper) and plan out the Fast Passes as much as you can.
If Peter Pan has a wait less than 45 minutes GET IN LINE! That is one of the rides that we never got to get on because it ALWAYS had 50 minutes or more! frown
If you have a little one, do one of the character breakfasts. My daughter and I got to do the princess breakfast and the HUGE price was worth it. I have some really great pictures of her and the princesses and they signed her little autograph book and she LOVED it!
GET THE DISNEYLAND APP. You can look up wait time, see what times the characters come out, etc. Knowing the characters come out is important, because if you want to see them, you pretty much have to be there when they come out.
Take some moleskin to cover up blisters! Pretty sure most of us ended up using it at one point or another!
Buy a flat folding water bottle and fill it up throughout the park. MUCH cheaper than the $5 water bottles in the park.

Whew! Those are the big tips I have for now. I'll check back if I think of anything else! Most of all, have fun with it.

Oh, and get some pins and a lanyard and participate in trading pins. You can buy some on eBay to get you started and then trade as you wander through. The kids loved it!

Return to Top