Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2132881 - 06/02/17 03:01 PM Unsecured LOC for general business and repairs
peony Offline
Gold Star
peony
We have a loan that is a unsecured LOC for general business and repairs to rental properties - I am thinking it's CRA reportable because it will be coded a business type code instead of a construction code which would show up on our Call reports as a business loan instead of a construction loan. For some reason, my loan processor is thinking it's not CRA reportable because it is listed in the loan purposes that loan is being used for repairs to rental properties. She said that if the loan is for construction or home improvements/renovations, it is not CRA reportable.

Thoughts?

Return to Top
CRA
#2132929 - 06/02/17 05:01 PM Re: Unsecured LOC for general business and repairs peony
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
IMO your processor is incorrect. CRA reporting is driven by call reporting. If the loan is classified as a small business loan, presumably tying to 4a of the RC-C, and the loan is for renovations/improvements to improve rental properties or improve and sell I would consider it a small business loan. (assuming under $1MM and not to a non-profit)

Return to Top
#2134318 - 06/14/17 04:17 PM Re: Unsecured LOC for general business and repairs peony
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
This would be a 4a C&I loan) on the call report and therefore a small busness loan for CRA if $1 million or less.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top