Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2133791 - 06/09/17 08:13 PM Digital Wallet T&Cs
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
We are in the process of rolling out the ability for our customers to use digital wallet - both Apply pay and Android pay. My question for those of you who currently offer this is - do you have a T&C's that includes Digital Wallet T&C's, Eligibility & Enrollment, Existing T&C's, Responsibility etc.. Or do you us the basic verbiage of: (which is M/C's default T&C's)

"The storage and usage of your payment card number (and credentials corresponding to your payment card number) in this digital wallet are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable cardholder agreement with your payment card issuer, as in effect from time to time. Please contact your payment card issuer for more information."

Secondly - if an email is sent at the time the customer registers their card in digital wallet - would we need to add language in the T&Cs stating they agree to allow us to contact them by email?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2133922 - 06/12/17 04:24 PM Re: Digital Wallet T&Cs Bankwoman1
FlyGuy Offline
We would like to know this answer too. Have you checked with your compliance department? They may some insight.

Return to Top
#2209166 - 03/21/19 02:45 PM Re: Digital Wallet T&Cs Bankwoman1
TeamComply Offline
Platinum Poster
Is a Digital Wallet T&C's specifically required or simply a best practice? Looks like lots of other banks have them in place. Wondering if you ever received any information on this. Thanks.

Return to Top
#2209192 - 03/21/19 04:43 PM Re: Digital Wallet T&Cs Bankwoman1
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Terms and conditions always come in handy when someone sues you.

Return to Top
#2209227 - 03/21/19 07:57 PM Re: Digital Wallet T&Cs Bankwoman1
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
How can you play the game if you don't know the rules? Realistically speaking most of your loan contracts are not required to be written, but we all do it for obvious reasons. I would put this in the same context.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z