Marketing is trying to expand our Facebook footprint. They want to run a giveaway in which you have to Like/Comment/Share to be automatically entered.
State Statues defines a Lottery as:
(6) "Lottery and gift enterprise" means:
(a) A gambling scheme in which:
1. The players pay or agree to pay something of value for chances, represented and differentiated by numbers or by combinations of numbers or by some other media, one (1) or more of which are to be designated the winning ones; and
2. The ultimate winner is to be determined by a drawing or by some other
method based upon the element of chance; and
3. The holders of the winning chances are to receive something of value;
"Something of Value" is defined as:
(11) "Something of value" means any money or property, any token, object, or article exchangeable for money or property, or any form of credit or promise directly or indirectly contemplating transfer of money or property or of any interest therein, or involving extension of a service, entertainment, or a privilege of playing at a game or scheme without charge.
Am I correct in interpreting the above to mean, a Like/Comment/Share on Facebook would not be considered "Something of Value" and would therefore not make this giveaway a lottery?
Secondly, what disclosures/comments need to accompany this giveaway post?
Thanks for your help.
"Do or do not ... There is no try"