Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#213635 - 07/22/04 03:59 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

My favorite, which also happens to be my favorite band, is 311. I've seen them 7 times now. They are awesome live.

I have never seen them in concert but I have always been a big fan of theirs. I can't seem to get tired of their songs

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#213636 - 07/22/04 04:05 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
E Street Offline
Darkness on the Edge of Town
WOW what a great topic.

Of course the top of my list is:

Springsteen (1984, 1992, 1996. 2002 & 2003)

Dire Staits (1985 - Unbeleivable)

Jackson Browne (1989 - with David Lindley - For a dancer was perfect)

Jimmy Buffet

Steve Windwood (Johnny Cleg and Savuka opened - They were great)

John Denver (My wife took me - He was a great musician)

E-Street

Return to Top
#213637 - 07/22/04 04:08 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Launchpad Offline
Quote:

I'm not a hardcore Dave Matthews fan (or freak, as I call them) - but it was a really good live show.

I would be considered one of those "freaks" I've seen them 10 times now and they always put on an excellent show. Also good:
Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
Jack Johnson
Ben Folds
Bill Cosby (I know he's not a band, but I've seen him three times in concert and he is terrific!)

Return to Top
#213638 - 07/22/04 04:33 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

(Johnny Cleg and Savuka opened - They were great)

They are an onstage PARTY!!!

Return to Top
#213639 - 07/22/04 06:10 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Linda Ronstadt & the Neville Brothers - 1990 tour

The Neville Brothers still have it together, but Linda Ronstadt!? She's a bit different today, not to mention that her 218-pound frame is a bit much for stage presence.

Return to Top
#213640 - 07/22/04 06:11 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
I second the DropKick Murphy's post! Fantastic Band!!
Flogging Molly
Twisted Method (before they were signed)
BT
Type O Negative (I was a little disappointed at the show, really)
*I have more, but these are the ones I seem to remember most*

Return to Top
#213641 - 07/22/04 07:05 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
Journey from about 20 yrs ago. What a voice Steve Perry had then. The concert I attended was sold out, and everyone sang along with all of the songs.

Same sounds live as on records. A lot of bands can't say that. A live show tells you how much talent a person or group has. And if they can actually sing.

Return to Top
#213642 - 07/22/04 07:08 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
Quote:

Quote:

U2--1983 (War Tour)

2. Quarterflash - Take Another Picture tour

Quarterflash was a great band from the Pacific Northwest as I recall. I had a crush on Rindy Ross, the lead singer. She played a mean Saxaphone!

Return to Top
#213643 - 07/22/04 07:29 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. Tool / A Perfect Circle (anything by these bands is hands down, awesome)
2. Godsmack (incredible sound on the most recent tour)
3. Peter Gabriel (phenomenal stage presence and audience involvement)
4. Genesis (for the sheer number of people in attendance)
5. King Diamond (for the sound and stage show)

Some of the worst:

Rush - incredible band and great CDs, but the sound at most of their concerts that I've attended has been horrible

Queensryche(now) - earlier stuff was great, but they just can't pull it off like in the past

DIO - I think Ronnie James Dio is about 200 years old now, at least he looks it

Return to Top
#213644 - 07/22/04 07:33 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Rush - incredible band and great CDs, but the sound at most of their concerts that I've attended has been horrible

I hear that the RUSH Live in Rio CD was recorded at a concert where their sound was incredible. They were too rushed to do a sound check and apparently it paid off: The Rio crowd got to hear a RUSH that has never been heard live before. I suppose you were not in Rio when you heard them.

Return to Top
#213645 - 07/22/04 07:40 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I suppose you were not in Rio when you heard them.

No, I wasn't.

But I was close.....Milwaukee

I think Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are incredible at what they do. But the mix at some of their concerts has been horrible.

Maybe they take too much time for sound checks when they're in the midwest.

Return to Top
#213646 - 07/22/04 08:23 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Holy Cow I thought I was the only person on the planet that listened to King Diamond! I love the band but have never been to a concert, and you're right ANON, Queensryche was much better with Operation MindCrime than their newer stuff.

Return to Top
#213647 - 07/22/04 08:35 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Holy Cow I thought I was the only person on the planet that listened to King Diamond! I love the band but have never been to a concert, and you're right ANON, Queensryche was much better with Operation MindCrime than their newer stuff.

King Diamond concerts are cool. He puts on quite a show and they always sound good.

There is less drama when he tours with Mercyful Fate.

I’ve only missed one King Diamond concert here since “Them”. I went to see Megadeth that night instead, they were touring for “Risk”. That was a lame CD and concert, I won’t do that again.

Don’t know if you’ve heard or listen to Dream Theater and/or Fates Warning. I saw those two bands and Queensryche in Chicago a year ago and Geoff Tate really showed his age. The other two bands simply sounded so much better.

It doesn’t help that Queensryche’s new material is awful. Oh how I miss the days of “The Warning”, “Rage for Order” and “Operation: Mindcrime”.

Return to Top
#213648 - 07/22/04 08:48 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Yes, I do listen to Dream Theater... I never thought I'd find kindred spirits on a forum of this profession. I have hope for humanity now. You still live in Chicago? I'm down in Florida.

Return to Top
#213649 - 07/22/04 08:49 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Oh and every thing before Symphony of Destruction by MegaDeth was great, now it's getting kinda crappy.

Return to Top
#213650 - 07/22/04 09:31 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
bb Offline
100 Club
Big XII
In no particular order:

Styx/REO Speedwagon/Journey
John Waite/Kansas/Styx (IMO John Waite stole this show)
John Mellencamp
Gordon Lightfoot
Crosby Stills & Nash
Moody Blues
Fleetwood Mac

Missed:
Tom Petty
Eric Clapton
and many others, but the one that haunts me to this day....Elvis (he played my home town just weeks before his death).

Can't wait for the Van Halen coming soon!

Return to Top
#213651 - 07/22/04 10:05 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Ooops, couldn't log in before, but can now.

I'm actually in Milwaukee, but have gone down to Chicago numerous times for concerts.

My best friend and I are huge King Diamond fans, have been so since college. Our lead underwriter here is also a fan.

It's strange, I would have to say that Peter Gabriel led Genesis and old Phil Collins Genesis is my favorite music, yet sometimes there is nothing like closing my office door, cranking some King and auditing some loan files,

Return to Top
#213652 - 07/23/04 03:37 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome! (I'm Poopzilla) Yeah the stories in his music are so haunting and the guitar riffs really add to the ambiance of the whole sound. Unfortunately I'm not able to crank any music, let alone that, while I'm here! I've also grow fond of the newer speed metal band Atreyu. They have a nice sound if you like the faster stuff. Zeromancer and Bella Morte are also good ones to check out (If you're into Depeche Mode too).

Return to Top
#213653 - 07/23/04 04:07 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
soliver Offline
soliver
Thousand Oaks, California
Prince
Billy Joel
Tina Turner
Rolling Stones
Earth Wind & Fire

Return to Top
#213654 - 07/23/04 07:02 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Dollar Bill Offline
100 Club
Dollar Bill
Midwest
5 Best Concerts in no particular order:
Phish
Jimmy Buffet
Dave Matthews Band
Eric Clapton

Return to Top
#213655 - 07/23/04 07:11 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Best (no order)
Pink Floyd
Paul McCartney
AC/DC
Buffet
Motley Crue in the days
Worst
Guns & Roses (I thought they were AWFUL live)

Return to Top
#213656 - 07/23/04 07:20 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Zeromancer and Bella Morte are also good ones to check out (If you're into Depeche Mode too).

Hmmmm, bands that sound like Depeche Mode. I'll have to listen to those. "Violator" is a great CD, I hope they sound something like that.

Return to Top
#213657 - 07/23/04 08:49 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Willie Nelson in 1998 at a natural ampitheater in an "wild west"-themed family-run park in an Alabama town pop. 1,000. He pulled the bus into the ampitheater, it was the band's backdrop. Many area merchants in surrounding communities gave away free tickets, and there wasn't even a concerted effort to take up tickets at the gate. Fewer than 2,000 in attendance. Played Whiskey River twice.

Steve Miller Band - 1990 at Oak Mountain Ampitheater in Birmingham. It rained throughout, there were rain delays - but the handful that stayed through to the end got an amazing show.

Rolling Stones - 1989 at Legion Field in B'ham. Center Section, Fouth Row.

Return to Top
#213658 - 07/23/04 09:10 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Coincidentally, Keith Richards in 1989 - fourth liver.

Return to Top
#213659 - 07/23/04 09:12 PM Re: Top 5 bands you've seen live and maybe the bad too
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Quote:

Coincidentally, Keith Richards in 1989 - fourth liver.

ROTFLMAO

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3