Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1852670 - 09/16/13 09:47 PM When to use Model H1, H5 and H6
Paradise Offline
The more I read about RBPN's and Credit Score Disclosure Notices the more I get confused.

Can someone explain to me when we would use the model H6 form instead of H3 and H4?

And when would we be required to use model H1?

One more, if we pull a credit report and it does not contain a credit score, but we use credit scores in pricing the rate on a loan product, we would ALWAYS have to provide model H5, right?

Return to Top
#1858922 - 10/04/13 11:28 PM Re: When to use Model H1, H5 and H6 Paradise
Paradise Offline
Bump

Return to Top
#1859171 - 10/07/13 07:18 PM Re: When to use Model H1, H5 and H6 Paradise
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Here is your basic differences.

Model form H–1 is for use in complying with the general risk-based pricing notice requirements in Sec. 1022.72 if a credit score is not used in setting the material terms of credit. Model form H–2 is for risk-based pricing notices given in connection with account review if a credit score is not used in increasing the annual percentage rate. Model form H–3 is for use in connection with the credit score disclosure exception for loans secured by residential real property. Model form H–4 is for use in connection with the credit score disclosure exception for loans that are not secured by residential real property. Model form H–5 is for use in connection with the credit score disclosure exception when no credit score is available for a consumer. Model form H–6 is for use in complying with the general risk-based pricing notice requirements in Sec. 1022.72 if a credit score is used in setting the material terms of credit. Model form H–7 is for risk-based pricing notices given in connection with account review if a credit score is used in increasing the annual percentage rate. All forms contained in this appendix are models; their use is optional.

To know what you are to use you have to know if you have chosen regular RBP or the Exceptions.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2136503 - 06/29/17 07:13 PM Re: When to use Model H1, H5 and H6 Paradise
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
Our credit card division would like to use model form H-6. What notice are most banks providing for credit card applicants? We are using the exception notice for other product lines. Would the use of Model for H-6 require that you define and use credit score proxy method? Sorry but this seems a bit foggy for me at least, so any help would be appreciated.

Return to Top