Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2136537 - 06/29/17 09:18 PM Disclose the Initial Index on a Commercial Note
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Is there a requirement that the initial index must be disclosed (as a number) on a variable rate commercial note? For instance, are we required to have written on the note that "the account is subject to a variable annual percentage rate equal to the Wall Street Journal Published Prime ("index") in effect on the Change date, plus 0.500 percentage points ("Margin"). The current value of the Index is 4.00%"

So what I am asking is if we can leave out the current value of the index and just state where the index is coming from and what the margin is?
Last edited by Bec; 06/29/17 09:20 PM.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2136546 - 06/29/17 10:14 PM Re: Disclose the Initial Index on a Commercial Note Bec
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Assuming "variable rate commercial note" means the loan is exempt from Regulation Z, then no discussion or disclosure of the APR is required. What you include in or exclude from your notes is a matter that should be discussed with the bank's legal counsel.

Return to Top
#2136601 - 06/30/17 04:33 PM Re: Disclose the Initial Index on a Commercial Note Bec
fmissle Offline
Diamond Poster
Pac NW
While I agree with Richard I'm curious as to why this is coming up. I'd like to hear if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z