Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2136666 - 06/30/17 08:29 PM Marijuana Business Tenant - Acknowledgment Form
Calmeida12 Offline
100 Club
We have a loan customer that is about to get a prospect tenant that is involved in the medical cannabis business and the proceeds for the rent payment will be derived from the cannabis sales. The tenant is claiming that the State of Florida told him that the landlord's bank has to have him sign off an acknowledgment form that the tenant of the financed property is conducting cannabis business. Does anyone know anything about this and what form this is? Thank you.

Return to Top
#2136704 - 07/03/17 11:02 AM Re: Marijuana Business Tenant - Acknowledgment Form Calmeida12
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
You are chasing someone else's rabbit.

Either you or the landlord (I vote for the latter) need to ask the tenant who he or she spoke with, or at least what office, at the state of Florida.

Return to Top
#2136710 - 07/03/17 11:57 AM Re: Marijuana Business Tenant - Acknowledgment Form Calmeida12
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Plus, do you want a client who's income is now related to the marijuana trade and if you have this commercial building for collateral, what are you going to do when the DEA raids the place and seizes the building from your client for knowingly allowing a tenant to violate Federal law?

Return to Top