Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2137695 - 07/12/17 02:16 PM 2 Part Question- ATM/CTR and Jack Henry
BSA Lady Offline
100 Club
1. I recently moved from a manual (for the most part) bank to a Jack Henry/Silverlake bank. They currently do not use the CTR Recon option because " they don't understand it" I am looking for some help in this area. Manual doesn't provide much explanation nor does support. Would anyone be willing to message me?

2. Also new to me- since new bank is not using the CTR Recon option (that catches ATM transactions) they currently are using reports (that do not catch ATM), searching for 8k+ cash transactions THEN researching each account to see if a possible ATM transactions threw them into a CTR. My question- if your reports/your outlined process do not catch ATM transactions are you responsible for reporting them into a CTR?

I feel there is a better way. I apologize if this is the wrong forum- if so I will delete. I appreciate any help!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2137698 - 07/12/17 02:28 PM Re: 2 Part Question- ATM/CTR and Jack Henry BSA Lady
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
It's the right forum because you asked the first question the right way; i.e. "message me." As a matter of policy, we do not discuss or critique vendors in public fora. If someone responds directly about your question about the vendor, the thread will be moved to the private forum or the response will be deleted and the thread locked.

On the second question, there isn't anything that says a bank must "catch" ATM transactions for aggregation purposes. However, if your system is capable of doing it, then reviewers would expect you to use that feature. Alternatively, if your system is not capable of doing it; i.e. you would have to do it manually, then it's a judgment call on your part. I would not.
Last edited by Ken_Pegasus; 07/12/17 04:06 PM.

Return to Top
#2137762 - 07/12/17 06:39 PM Re: 2 Part Question- ATM/CTR and Jack Henry BSA Lady
Beachbum, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Knee Deep in Regs
Also a shop with manual (for the most part) for BSA monitoring .
prior to our last exam, we were not "pulling" ATM transactions for aggregation purposes. Due to recommendations from our last exam we started pulling ATM daily reports and manually reviewing them for possible CTR reporting. it is a cumbersome process, but manageable since we have fewer than 10 branches.
Ken is right- if you have the ability to review those transactions, reviewers will expect you to include them.

Return to Top
#2137847 - 07/13/17 11:50 AM Re: 2 Part Question- ATM/CTR and Jack Henry Beachbum, CRCM
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
BSA Lady: We are a JHA Silverlake Bank. Send me a PM with your contact info so we can discuss. Have alternatives if you can't pick up the ATM cash.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z