Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2138144 - 07/14/17 03:45 PM 3rd party purchase of 2nd lien foreclosure
jtedora Offline
New Poster
Hello,

We have a third party who has purchased a property through the foreclosure of a junior lien. The sale was subject to all other liens and mortgages.

We now have the successful bidder calling the bank to ask what is needed to pay us off and have our mortgage discharged.

The question at hand is how do we provide this information without running afoul of disclosure regs?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jesse Tedora

Return to Top
Mortgage Servicing Rules
#2138610 - 07/18/17 06:37 PM Re: 3rd party purchase of 2nd lien foreclosure jtedora
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
You can provide them with a payoff figure without divulging the account number. The names of the mortgagors are already public record. I don't see a problem here.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2140211 - 07/31/17 03:44 PM Re: 3rd party purchase of 2nd lien foreclosure jtedora
jtedora Offline
New Poster
Thanks,

I seem to recall some carve out in Dodd Frank that allowed senior mortgagors to release balances to junior mortgagors but I can not find it.

Any chance you can point me in that direction also?

Return to Top
#2140508 - 08/02/17 06:17 PM Re: 3rd party purchase of 2nd lien foreclosure John Burnett
jtedora Offline
New Poster
Thanks,

I seem to recall some carve out in Dodd Frank that allowed senior mortgagors to release balances to junior mortgagors but I can not find it.

Any chance you can point me in that direction also?

Return to Top