Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2138806 - 07/19/17 07:12 PM Include in Gross Income reported?
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
In reviewing HMDA for income reporting, it appears that internally we have shifted to the credit analysts providing a both a "project" DSCR and a "borrower" DSCR. The "project" DSCR is on the rental(s) being purchased. Both are referenced in the "credit write-up" used for obtaining/documenting credit approval from the various internal approval channels.

Should the borrower(s) gross income and the gross projected income of the property being purchased be added together and reported?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2138891 - 07/20/17 01:54 PM Re: Include in Gross Income reported? Likes to Comply
George Offline
Gold Star
From the GIR:

6. Income. Enter the gross annual
income that your institution relied
on in making the credit decision.

Exceptions: for multi-family dwellings and non-natural applicants, enter NA (or if income was not relied on).

Return to Top
#2138903 - 07/20/17 02:41 PM Re: Include in Gross Income reported? Likes to Comply
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
But nothing in the original post says it was multi-family nor that the borrower was not a natural person. George, your exception works if one or both of those are applicable, but what if neither are applicable?

LTC, it sounds like the credit analyts considered both the project gross revenue and the borrower's gross income in making the decision, so I would say if it is a natural person borrower on a 1-4 family rental property, I'd use combined numbers. I'd want to document the file as to why I made that decision, though and I'd want to be consistent with reporting similar properties.

Return to Top
#2138909 - 07/20/17 03:15 PM Re: Include in Gross Income reported? Likes to Comply
George Offline
Gold Star
Beech, you are right, nothing was said in the original post; which is why I didn't just leave it at the definition. I put the exceptions in case there was more that wasn't said.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM