Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2136605 - 06/30/17 04:40 PM ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
Just in case anyone wanted to know, I tested 4 different transactions and loan # combos in LaserPro, and I manually calculated the check digit, and it matched what LaserPro gave.
(I did the long calculation method, and used KayBee's scientific calculator link...it is now saved to my favorites bar! Thanks!!).

I know a lot of people will still want a peace of mind and do it themselves, but once again I am finding LaserPro to be wonderfully compliant.

All comments are mine & should not be taken as legal advice.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2136650 - 06/30/17 06:45 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Thank you for sharing Banker K!

KayBee is a miracle worker smile haha

Return to Top
#2136657 - 06/30/17 07:10 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Ohmyachinghead Offline
Oklahoma
Would you mind sharing the link?

Return to Top
#2136660 - 06/30/17 07:35 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
Here you go http://www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com/scientific-calculator/

It helped a lot since the number is SOOOOO LONNNNNG that you have to input and calculate with.

Return to Top
#2136661 - 06/30/17 07:39 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Ohmyachinghead Offline
Oklahoma
Thank you!!!

Return to Top
#2136759 - 07/03/17 03:56 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I suggest using this one. I find it easier to use than the scientific calculator and I have tested it with live numbers compared to the scientific calculator and the check digit matched 10 out of 10 times.

http://www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com/phptest/calculator/html/loan-calculator.php

Return to Top
#2138316 - 07/17/17 01:52 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Tater Offline
Platinum Poster
Missouri
Off topic, is KB's site not working for anyone else this AM? Tried chasing links from this thread and her e-mails and getting bad gateway notices...

Loan Review, HMDA, ALLL

Opinions are my own and do not reflect any others

Return to Top
#2138371 - 07/17/17 03:58 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I just went to the Web site and had no issues getting around. I also went to a couple of previous emails and clicked on the links without any issues of them not taking me to where they were suppose to.

Return to Top
#2141520 - 08/10/17 02:45 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Catm1991 Offline
100 Club
MO
Our FI is not getting any kind of software so I will be doing this manually and have a couple questions...hoping someone can give me some insight and advice. I have my LEI number, and understand how I change it to all numbers, but my first question is, in the past we use our loan numbers as our identifier number for each originated loan....will I still be able to use our loan number?

Then my next question is since I do not have a software to do all this calculations, any suggestions on how to do the division? My calculator of course won't take all the numbers too divide it by 97 too get nearest whole number.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Return to Top
#2141523 - 08/10/17 02:51 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
@ Catm 1991,

Yes, your loan # will be the middle number of the ULI (LEI + your loan # + the 2 character check digit).

Luckily our software (LaserPro) generates our numbers for us, but when I have done the testing to make sure it is calculating correctly, I used this calculator at KayBee's Compliance Insights: http://www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com/scientific-calculator/.

Return to Top
#2141531 - 08/10/17 03:08 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Catm1991 Offline
100 Club
MO
Ok, so each entry of mine on my LAR now will have a different ULI, correct?

Return to Top
#2141535 - 08/10/17 03:11 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Catm1991 Offline
100 Club
MO
Well, and my check digit will be different on each one because I will have to figure each one (each entry) to get the check digits. Ooooh this is going to be a lot of work! Lol.

Return to Top
#2141537 - 08/10/17 03:12 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
Yes, they will all start with your bank's LEI the same every time...but then each loan number will be different, and the check digits will be random (per that very horrendous calculation that generates those 2 numbers).

Return to Top
#2141540 - 08/10/17 03:14 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Catm1991 Offline
100 Club
MO
Oh goodness that is what I thought frown Ok, I've got it. Thank you.

Return to Top
#2141607 - 08/10/17 07:30 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Ohmyachinghead Offline
Oklahoma
http://www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com/phptest/calculator/html/loan-calculator.php

This link is very easy to use. I input the LEI and loan# and it gave me the ULI. I have been playing with the QuestSoft test for 2018. I input the ULI I got from the link and it shows it is correct. I changed the check digit (out of curiosity) and it would show an error. So I feel good about using this calculator!

Return to Top
#2143459 - 08/24/17 04:24 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Tracey, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Gorham, ME
Are your systems automatically assigned a ULI? Or are you all doing them manually?

Return to Top
#2143554 - 08/24/17 09:22 PM Re: ULI compliant check digit calculation in LaserPro Banker K, CRCM
Red Raiders Offline
Diamond Poster
Red Raiders
Compliance Land
We have had instances where a customer will buy a house to improve and flip and when it matures we renew for 90 or 180 days (because the house isn't ready or didn't sell) with a new note but with the same note number. Going forward, I'm thinking we can't do this because if we have the same loan number will generate the same ULI which can't happen, right?

Return to Top