Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2141749 - 08/11/17 06:16 PM HELOC collateral in Laser Pro
KPAP Offline
Midwest
We switched to Laser Pro in February and I'm working on my HELOC audit. Our old LOS always included the specific address for the collateral we were filing a mortgage on. However, in Laser Pro we just state "A mortgage dated XXX, to us on real property located in XX County". Is this how other Laser Pro users disclose their collateral for HELOC's?? The only documents that include a specific address is the insurance agreement and mortgage. It just seems odd to me not to have the collateral address in the HELOC agreement. Any issues with this that I'm missing? Thanks for the help!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2142446 - 08/17/17 05:49 PM Re: HELOC collateral in Laser Pro KPAP
MCCompliance Offline
100 Club
FWIW- We have a specific address listed on the agreement.

Return to Top
#2142458 - 08/17/17 06:44 PM Re: HELOC collateral in Laser Pro KPAP
crcmnot Offline
Gold Star
On the 'document options' window there is a free-form text field called 'alternate description of collateral in the credit agreement'. You can type the specific address in that field and it will print in the collateral section of the Credit Agreement; it will override the canned language that LaserPro prefills.

Return to Top
#2142530 - 08/17/17 10:40 PM Re: HELOC collateral in Laser Pro KPAP
KPAP Offline
Midwest
Thank you, both! This is very helpful. I found out we are aware of the "alternate description for collateral field" and are opting not to use it at this time and just relying on the default language. I was interested to hear if it was common amongst LaserPro users to not use it.

Return to Top
#2142533 - 08/17/17 11:09 PM Re: HELOC collateral in Laser Pro KPAP
crcmnot Offline
Gold Star
We do use the alternate description field.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z