Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2143113 - 08/22/17 07:30 PM INUTMA - Releasing funds to minor
Diana Timberlake Offline
100 Club
Diana Timberlake
Under the Indiana Uniform Transfers to Minors Act it states that the custodian shall transfer in an appropriate manner the custodial property to the minor or to the minor's estate upon the earlier of (1) the minor reaching 21 years of age; or (2) the minor's death.

If the custodian fails to transfer the funds to the minor after the minor turns age 21, can the minor come in and withdraw the funds without the custodians consent.

We have a controversy that I need help resolving.

Return to Top
#2143161 - 08/22/17 10:14 PM Re: INUTMA - Releasing funds to minor Diana Timberlake
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Never - they would have to petition the court and provide you either a court order to release the funds or the appointment of a new custodian. The Bank has no dog in this hunt.

Return to Top
#2143176 - 08/23/17 11:57 AM Re: INUTMA - Releasing funds to minor rlcarey
Diana Timberlake Offline
100 Club
Diana Timberlake
Thanks for your input. This is exactly what I have been taught at all of the numerous Indiana Deposit Documentation seminars that I have attended over the years. With all the push back I was up against, I was beginning to doubt myself.

Return to Top
#2143360 - 08/23/17 08:30 PM Re: INUTMA - Releasing funds to minor Diana Timberlake
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The official label for banks that involve themselves in this issue is "officious intermeddler." MYOB.

Return to Top