Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2143668 - 08/25/17 05:26 PM What to give is RE application is denied?
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
We opted to give the exception notice - consumer Credit Score Disclosure and use the model that includes the Notice to Home Loan Applicant for a real estate application - model H-3.

The rules at 1022.74(b) state a person is not required to provide a risk-based pricing notice to the consumer under §1022.72(a), (c), or (d) if the person provides an adverse action notice to the consumer under section 615(a) of the FCRA. I don't read it to say that this also applies to the exception to provide a consumer Credit Score Disclosure if the loan is denied and the adverse action notice is provided. However, the Consumer Compliance Outlook newsletter in 1Q12 says "Section 1022.72(a) of Regulation V (12 C.F.R. Part 1022 External Site) specifies when a creditor must provide a risk-based pricing notice to a consumer applying for credit, subject to the exceptions in §1022.74. If an application is denied and an adverse action notice is provided, a risk-based pricing or exception notice is not required. See §1022.74(b)"

The Notice to Home Loan Applicant rules at 609(g) doesn't have any exception for denials that I can see, but neither did it seem to me that there was an exception for the exception Credit Score Disclosure.

So if we have pulled a credit report -

1. Do we have to still provide the consumer Credit Score Disclosure for a denied loan application?
2. If not, must we provide a standalone Notice to Home Loan Applicant for a consumer real estate loan application even if denied?

Thanks in advance

Return to Top
#2143678 - 08/25/17 05:53 PM Re: What to give is RE application is denied? Likes to Comply
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
You do not have to provide the notices required by 1022.72 & .74 but you do have to provide the notices required by 609.g. You can however use the exception notice as a substitute for the 609.g disclosure.

Return to Top