Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2143692 - 08/25/17 06:29 PM SAR Committee
CrashDavis Offline
New Poster
We are beginning to form a SAR Committee. For banks that already have a SAR Committee how many do you have on the committee what are their positions with the bank? Also when you are presenting to the committee information to determine if a SAR should be filed, what do you give the committee? The whole file or a single page that gives abbreviated information .

Thanks for you help.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2143694 - 08/25/17 06:37 PM Re: SAR Committee CrashDavis
StormFront Offline
We are a small $300 million bank. Our SAR committee is too big--consisting of one outside director and a rep. from each department (total of about 10 people.) I am fairly new to this bank, and it was already set up this way. At my previous bank (same size) the BSA Committee was me and my boss, the CFO.

The existing committee gets a verbal summary; I bring the details with me if I need to explain further.

Return to Top
#2143695 - 08/25/17 06:39 PM Re: SAR Committee CrashDavis
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#2143697 - 08/25/17 06:42 PM Re: SAR Committee CrashDavis
Daisy Doodle Offline
Diamond Poster
Southern U.S.
We have five: one Exec VP (closest thing we have to a Chief Risk Officer), Compliance Mgr VP, one regional branch mgr VP, and rotating member of our Executive Mgmt Committee SVP. Plus me. It's a high powered group within our bank and they are very helpful usually. I provide them with a 'packet' of info and a cover sheet with a summary and signature lines--sufficient to make a decision. We meet every other week. Being on the committee keeps them informed of bad trends in the bank and training gaps and they also bring a lot of info in that I would not otherwise have so it's a good exchange.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z