Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2144430 - 08/31/17 01:27 PM Can a payoff quote net out escrow funds?
TNB Offline
Texas
For escrowed loans we quote the full principal and interest due. The escrow is refunded to the borrower when the payoff is received. It is NOT netted out of the payoff quote. I'm not sure why it's done this way as I can't find anything in RESPA so I thought it might be Texas law that the escrow cannot be netted out of the payoff? What do other Texas lenders do?

Return to Top
#2144515 - 08/31/17 04:43 PM Re: Can a payoff quote net out escrow funds? TNB
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you get the payoff quote from a title company, you have to use this form which excludes escrows:

http://www.sml.texas.gov/ResidentialMort...payoff_form.pdf

Return to Top
#2144541 - 08/31/17 05:41 PM Re: Can a payoff quote net out escrow funds? TNB
TNB Offline
Texas
Thank you, Randy. Our payoff form has the same information that we use for all payoff quotes so maybe that's why we don't net it out. Thank you.

Return to Top
#2153015 - 11/10/17 04:03 PM Re: Can a payoff quote net out escrow funds? TNB
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
If you aren't using the Texas Mortgage Servicers Payoff Form (7 TAC section 155.2) form for payoff requests from title companies, you aren't in compliance with the law.

Because there's a bunch of stuff on the form that has nothing to do with non-real estate loans, I can't imagine that you are giving that form on all your payoffs.

My core initially didn't have the Mortgage servicers payoff form programmed in, and we had to manually complete a pdf copy, but it wasn't difficult.

The link Randy gave is out of bounds on my firewall -- but this is a fillable pdf from TBA that we used to complete. You can net out the payoff in reductions in amount due. (or not).
http://www.texasbankers.com/docs/section_155_2_c_6_payoff_form.pdf

Return to Top
#2153024 - 11/10/17 04:16 PM Re: Can a payoff quote net out escrow funds? TNB
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Interesting that the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending is out of bounds for you shocked

Return to Top
#2154656 - 11/22/17 06:24 PM Re: Can a payoff quote net out escrow funds? TNB
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
I'm under the Texas Department of Banking. I could probably get my firewall tweaked. Typically, its some wording in the wording in the coding that gets things blocked in my firewall.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z