Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2144547 - 08/31/17 05:57 PM Is loan processor required to have NMLS number?
AZloan Offline
Gold Star
Under SAFE act, every MLO has to have a NMLS number. How about the loan processor/assistant to the mortgage broker? Does she need one too? She talks on the phone with customer in behalf of the broker but doesn't offer or negotiate any terms of any loans.

Thank you

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#2144568 - 08/31/17 07:10 PM Re: Is loan processor required to have NMLS number? AZloan
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
How about the loan processor/assistant to the mortgage broker?

Are you talking about a financial institution employee that requires registration under Regulation G or one that require registration under the State's rules. Mortgage broker?

Return to Top
#2144605 - 08/31/17 10:02 PM Re: Is loan processor required to have NMLS number? AZloan
AZloan Offline
Gold Star
Randy, I am not sure about your question since I don't know enough about it at this time. Our bank doesn't originate closed-end mortgage loans. We have a broker who is our Bank employee closes loans with different lenders but us. She is hiring a loan processor/assistant.

I think if the employee is a federally insured, the employee doesn't need to have the state mortgage broker license?

Return to Top
#2144606 - 08/31/17 10:16 PM Re: Is loan processor required to have NMLS number? AZloan
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
A Bank employee would fall under Reg. G as far as the Safe Act and NMLS registration is concerned. Any mortgage broker licensing requirements are a State law issue. Read through Appendix A to Reg. G:

https://www.bankersonline.com/regulations/12-1007-appa

Return to Top
#2144612 - 08/31/17 11:32 PM Re: Is loan processor required to have NMLS number? AZloan
AZloan Offline
Gold Star
Thank you. I need to read this.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett