Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2145322 - 09/08/17 03:14 PM Harvey Numbers
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
The disruption in economic activity in Houston and the Gulf Coast caused by Hurricane Harvey will have negative impacts on inflation, employment, trade, growth and the economy in general in the near term. The magnitude of these negative impacts will depend on how long it takes for the Houston economy to get back on its feet.
-27 trillion gallons of water fell in Texas and Louisiana over six days. That is enough water to fill the Houston Astrodome 85,000 times, and enough water to supply New York City for 50 years
-The amount of rain that fell in the first three days was enough to end California’s drought. A gauge in Cedar Bayou measured 51.88 inches of rain.
-Approximately 34,575 people are in shelters according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
-It is estimated that 30-40 thousand homes were destroyed by Harvey, and an even larger number damaged.
-Moody’s estimates that as many as 700,000 vehicles and 400,000 homes were significantly damaged.
-Most homeowners personal spending will be constrained given estimates that 80% of Hurricane Harvey victims had no flood insurance.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2145325 - 09/08/17 03:24 PM Re: Harvey Numbers swiggles
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
This is heartbreaking and devastating... and we have Irma's losses and numbers coming right behind. I cannot even imagine what those areas are going through.

Return to Top
#2145383 - 09/08/17 05:47 PM Re: Harvey Numbers swiggles
MBrownie Offline
MBrownie
This is devastating, hard to wrap my head around what they're going through or what those who await Irma will go through.

We also cannot forget Montana and Canada! While maybe not as densely populated, they are suffering devastating losses there as well.

Return to Top