Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2144766 - 09/04/17 09:33 PM SAR Filing Tracking
amillikan Offline
New Poster
I am still fairly new to BSA and I've been trying to simplify all of the duties as much as possible since I have several other "hats" I wear other than my BSA hat. I've struggled to find a good way to keep track of all of my SAR filing deadlines. Would anyone be willing to share how they keep track of the deadlines to avoid filing them late? Since the time frames between filings are so large I am afraid I will forget to file a continuation SAR until I am past the deadline. I have been working on creating a Log / Tracking sheet in Excel that generates the dates the SARs would need to be filed, but was curious if anyone had a better method? Any best practices or tips are greatly appreciated!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2144779 - 09/05/17 01:41 PM Re: SAR Filing Tracking amillikan
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
We maintain all cases (filed and not filed) in an Excel spreadsheet that includes a column for "Next Review Date". The spreadsheet is in alpha order, but we can slice & dice to ensure we're decisioning cases in a timely manner. Has worked well for us for years.

Return to Top
#2144780 - 09/05/17 01:52 PM Re: SAR Filing Tracking amillikan
bcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Set an appointment on your outlook calendar

Return to Top
#2145416 - 09/08/17 07:24 PM Re: SAR Filing Tracking amillikan
Tabbetha, CRCM Offline
Biloxi, Mississippi
We also use an excel spreadsheet for filed and not filed. We have a column of review dates and dates due. We also set calendar reminders as well as reviewing the log frequently.

Return to Top
#2145474 - 09/09/17 07:25 PM Re: SAR Filing Tracking amillikan
amillikan Offline
New Poster
Thank you for your responses they are appreciated!

Return to Top
#2145484 - 09/10/17 07:23 PM Re: SAR Filing Tracking amillikan
Greg Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
I use a spreadsheet for all filed SARS like above but with one wrinkle. I file all continuing SARS at end of quarter. I've had cases where I filed my first continuing SAR a few weeks after the original but I've never been criticized for filing early and I only have to think about it at quarter end.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z