Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options
#2146156 - 09/14/17 09:25 PM Loan Payment on Saturday
complofcr Offline
100 Club
SE USA
I've tried to do my own research with no clear answer. We have a drive thru branch open for 2 hours on Saturday mornings. Back in the day the tellers sat aside any loan payments made on a Saturday and they were manually posted the following Monday with an effective date of Saturday. Somewhere during the process of going 'virtual' with our teller system this process stopped. Currently any and all work received on Saturday is memo posted and doesn't actually post until Monday night during processing. However, the receipt is printed with Monday's date. I have been told this is okay since all functions of the bank isn't open on Saturday and the receipt shows Monday's date. I was also told there should be something stated in the note about receiving payments on Monday - Friday during business hours. Of course, I haven't found this verbiage in our notes. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a clear answer on this? I have read something about a conforming loan payment and payments on mortgage loans or open end credit loans but haven't found the clear, black & white answer I'm looking for. If we should hold the payments and manually post them effective for a Saturday date, I don't know how I'm going to go back through the work and determine which payments were actually received on Saturday since the teller stamp for all Saturday work shows Monday.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2146164 - 09/14/17 10:03 PM Re: Loan Payment on Saturday complofcr
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Review 1026.36(c) - unless you have defined what a conforming payment might be, you have to credit on Saturday. Also 1026.10 for open-end is pretty much the same, but goes into a lot more detail.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z