Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2147142 - 09/21/17 08:35 PM COC on the CD
Mike T Offline
if the loan is already locked but thereafter the credit score dropped due to reasons, can we just issue a COC/CD for the pricing adjustment or do we need to send a loan estimate out??

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2147164 - 09/22/17 02:28 AM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
what's a COC/CD?

If you've delivered a CD, you cannot back track to deliver an LE.

I hope the 'reasons' are really good ones and the fact that you're finding out AFTER you deliver the CD really good too.
Around here, we pull the soft cbr prior to delivering the CD. Then if anything is there we know and can follow proper channels of LE for changed circumstance.

Return to Top
#2147169 - 09/22/17 11:02 AM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
if the loan is already locked but thereafter the credit score dropped due to reasons, ......

Since you have a signed lock agreement with your customer, I hope you lock agreement addresses this.

Return to Top
#2147235 - 09/22/17 03:05 PM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I agree with Randy. Unless your lock agreement specifically addresses this issue, which is very doubtful, you have no basis to increase the rate or rate related fees to the consumer.

Return to Top
#2147238 - 09/22/17 03:11 PM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
The rate lock agreement I see used most contains the following language:
"This agreement guarantees only the items shown above. Other closing costs and terms may be subject to change."

The 'items shown above' are the loan amount, interest rate, loan type, number of days locked.

Return to Top
#2147246 - 09/22/17 03:26 PM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I guess I am sort of confused. You can lock the rate and then at anytime require the consumer to pay points to maintain that rate at a later date based on whatever criteria you want too?? I'm not sure how that actually works.

If they don't qualify for the loan as applied for, I think you would have to either make them a counter-offer or deny the loan.

Return to Top
#2147286 - 09/22/17 05:25 PM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
Mike T Offline
Truffle- the question was before the CD gets issued to the borrower.
Randy-We have the recorded conversation with the borrower regarding the situation in which the credit score dropped, therefore a pricing adjustment occurred. It was that or canceling the loan. The borrower accepted the new terms.
So, last night we sent the change of circumstances along with the closing disclosure detailing it.

Return to Top
#2147287 - 09/22/17 05:28 PM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
While I can see where you're coming from, the only term that has ever been changed is the rate expiration date and the extension fee cost directly associated. While it may not be the best wording, it was only shared in response to your statement about addressing the issue in the original rate lock agreement.

Return to Top
#2147289 - 09/22/17 05:32 PM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Mike answered the question. The loan was denied due to a change in the borrower's financial condition and they made a counter-offer. The borrower accepted the counter-offer and thus they have a valid changed circumstance. If they are within four business days of closing, that change of circumstance can be documented and the initial CD issued to reset tolerance baselines.

Return to Top
#2147311 - 09/22/17 06:37 PM Re: COC on the CD Mike T
Mike T Offline
thanks guys for your help! Unfortunately, we don't have a compliance officer or an attorney in house. The forum, especially you Randy, Dan, and Truffle have been a tremendous help for me. Again thank you guys!

Return to Top