Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2147364 - 09/22/17 08:50 PM Request to not mail ad again
mmason Offline
Gold Star
New England
We recently mailed an advertisement to all households in an x mile radius of one of our branches. One individual called and requested to not receive any mail from us. From a compliance standpoint I don't believe this falls under one of the requirements to track and not contact her again. However, from a reputation and goodwill standpoint, we do not want to tick people off either. So two questions I guess. Am I correct that it would not be a violation if we did in error send something to her again in the future? And operationally, how does anyone else track information like that for non-customers?

Thanks

Return to Top
Marketing
#2147379 - 09/22/17 09:34 PM Re: Request to not mail ad again mmason
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
No specific laws, unless there is something in your State. You can develop your own lists or refer them to the Data & Marketing Association who maintains a direct mail opt-out list, but of course you would have to join to get access to the list.

Return to Top
#2147390 - 09/22/17 10:25 PM Re: Request to not mail ad again mmason
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
We have an internal do-not-solicit list. campaigns are run against this list prior to being run.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker