Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2147363 - 09/22/17 08:50 PM Customer Service Recognition - or Good Job! Progr
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
What kind of program or recognition or trinkets do you give out to your staff when you noticed great customer service, or good team work, or perseverance?

I have small kids at home, so I tend to think in stickers.

I was reading a blog, and they used a traveling toddler toy called a "Weeble" that they passed around at work when they noticed someone work through something difficult and they pushed through. (Weebles Wobble but they don't fall down..) -- But, I think that reference would be lost on my new to the workforce hires.

I need the positive ju-ju at work. We're all holding on by a string.

Back in my days at one of the big, evil banks -- I thought it was silly - because I'm not motivated by recognition from others, but I was given pins for all star service and earned incentive trips (not Vegas trips, just half a day off work to network with others in my field at the same institution, at the lake with refreshments and maybe karaoke or an Elvis impersonator.) I also recognize that I'm wired entirely differently that my coworkers especially the ones that I manage.
Last edited by Always In Training; 09/22/17 09:45 PM. Reason: changed direction
Return to Top
Human Resources
#2147393 - 09/23/17 01:19 PM Re: Customer Service Recognition - or Good Job! Progr Always In Training
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
One (large) bank had notes (in triplicate at first, then on-line). I forget the wording (Super Star - Thanks), something like that.

When an employee went out of their way to help another employee, customer, etc. they would get a note from the employee they helped or someone who saw them helping the customer.

Example Sue went out of her way to help Bob:
Bob would write a short note thanking Sue and explaining how she helped.
Original would go to Sue
Bob would retain a copy.
Third copy would go to Sue's supervisor - supervisor would turn in their copy (after noting it) to HR who would have monthly drawings for logo items, free lunch, etc. Some ended up in newsletters, etc.

Number of notes was limited (employee would get a few). It it were a larger project and multiple people involved, additional could be requested from HR. Most employees felt the peer recognition with specific instances was great and kept a copy on their bulletin board. Assistance and service quality went up.

Return to Top
#2147407 - 09/25/17 01:34 PM Re: Customer Service Recognition - or Good Job! Progr Always In Training
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
we have an intranet site that allows you to either send a congratulatory or praising notice, or also award points to the person. awarded points can be used to purchase an assortment of products, everything from bank logo items through vacations...600 points can get you a $25 gift card for retailers and restaurants...vacations obviously take a ton more points...

Return to Top
#2147410 - 09/25/17 01:58 PM Re: Customer Service Recognition - or Good Job! Progr Always In Training
Christy Goza Offline
100 Club
Cleveland, TN
Our CEO will send a handwritten note of thanks, or a personal visit from him. There are also mentions in our monthly employee e-newsletter.

Return to Top
#2147423 - 09/25/17 03:33 PM Re: Customer Service Recognition - or Good Job! Progr Always In Training
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
of course, all of these are only as good as a manager or employee following through and doing

Return to Top
#2147428 - 09/25/17 04:26 PM Re: Customer Service Recognition - or Good Job! Progr Always In Training
Reg Warrior Online
100 Club
We have intranet site similar to what HappyGilmore posted about, that anyone in the company can use, not just by management. We also have quarterly recognition breakfasts and annual recognition dinner.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry