Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2147550 - 09/26/17 02:12 PM MSB-confiming if registration is required
Sunshine Banker Offline
Florida
Received verification (letter) from ABC, Corp. that the store" has been an authorized money transmitting agent since xxxx."
No check cashing over $1,000, atm serviced by outside vendor, no stored value card, no travelers checks, sells MO through Western Union. Reviewed the exam manual and found-pg 301 at bottom- Refer to 31 CFR 1022.80. With the information provided, I believe registration with FinCEN is not required. Did I miss something? The store was previously registered as an MSB, that expired, it prompted why the change-only change is they no longer a have relationship with a previous money transmitter? We currently have a loan relationship, depository acct for loan payment-no other activity on Depository acct.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2147555 - 09/26/17 02:22 PM Re: MSB-confiming if registration is required Sunshine Banker
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If they are a WU agent, then they are an MSB - just not one that has to register.

Return to Top
#2147559 - 09/26/17 02:33 PM Re: MSB-confiming if registration is required rlcarey
Sunshine Banker Offline
Florida
Received copy of WU North America Agency Agreeemnt- Verbiage -Agent and WUNA agree as follows;....Yes they are an agent. Thank so much.

Return to Top
#2147749 - 09/27/17 02:04 PM Re: MSB-confiming if registration is required Sunshine Banker
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Sunshine, in MA, the parent MSB (i.e., Western Union) is required to separately register each location that is a funds transmittal agent for them. You might want to check your state requirements.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z