Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2149765 - 10/13/17 06:38 PM What is a builder's package?
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
The loan officer received the billing from legal with a fee called "builders package" cost $1,200.00

This is a TRID Construction Loan. Anyone familiar with this term. If this is a "package of fees" can they be done
this way or should they be itemized on the LE?

thanks.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2149775 - 10/13/17 07:43 PM Re: What is a builder's package? ccman
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The only person that knows what this represents is the attorney that sent you the bill. You are going to need to ask them,

Return to Top
#2149779 - 10/13/17 07:45 PM Re: What is a builder's package? ccman
tuma Offline
Gold Star
Here & There
I presume it would be typical title work, plus title updates at each draw.
It may also include legal needs for permits, filing documents, etc.
. . . . . then again, I may be wrong.

Return to Top
#2149780 - 10/13/17 07:52 PM Re: What is a builder's package? tuma
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
We are waiting on a response from the LO. The processor believes it includes a survey with a plot plan showing the set
backs and home site on the lot. If this helps would this be listed in Sec. B of the LE as cannot shop or in Sec C can shop?

I have not seen this on any of our normal TRID legal billings to date. thanks all.

Return to Top
#2149787 - 10/13/17 08:09 PM Re: What is a builder's package? ccman
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, you need to know the contents - i.e. what might be finance charges and what might not be. That is going to determine whether you need to treat it as a finance charge are not. Then you also have the other issue:

37(f)(5) Item descriptions and ordering.

1. Clear and conspicuous standard. Section 1026.37(f)(5) requires creditors to label the loan costs disclosed pursuant § 1026.37(f) using terminology that describes each item. A creditor complies with this requirement if it uses terminology that is clear and conspicuous, consistent with § 1026.17(a)(1), and describes the service or administrative function that the charge pays for in a manner that is reasonably understood by consumers within the space provided in form H-24 of appendix H to this part.

If you have no idea and after 40 years at this, I have no idea - where does that leave the consumer?

Return to Top
#2149805 - 10/13/17 08:39 PM Re: What is a builder's package? rlcarey
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you rl. That's exactly what I have been screaming at the LO about. The LO is a commercial lender tasked with doing this construction loan for a "friend". Its a TRID covered transaction that's she's not familiar with. They have little respect for the CO as we're the step child of commercial lenders, but we're right and they are wrong period. Thanks again.

Return to Top