Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2144649 - 09/01/17 03:07 PM Application Packets
NoJustNo Offline
100 Club
Midwest
Trying to get a feel for what you are including in your application packets.

- Application, joint intent
- CHARM Booklet/ARM Program disclosure
- HELOC Booklet/Program disclosure
- Credit insurance disclosures
- Privacy

Anything else you find useful?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2144691 - 09/01/17 05:44 PM Re: Application Packets NoJustNo
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Some banks put together packets specific to product rather than having all of these in one packet. Many things wouldn't apply if it was a fixed rate, closed-end loan. If it's variable rate product, have the "standard" things plus the CHARM/ARM disclosures. If HELOC, standard things plus the HELOC disclosures. Etc.

How about adding, as applicable (and depending on how you collect/distribute each):
Steering Disclosure
CIP collection Info
Appraisal disclosure
Affiliate Business Arrangement Disclosure
Homeownership Counseling list (although this may need to be unique to the property - you could have a standard one for your area)

Return to Top
#2150232 - 10/18/17 01:53 PM Re: Application Packets NoJustNo
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Our bank is considering putting an NOI in our "Welcome packets" to the Borrowers when they apply for a loan. I told them I felt this is required to be a Stand Alone Document and couldn't be put in welcome packets. Am I correct in my interpretation?

Thanks!

Return to Top
#2150250 - 10/18/17 02:56 PM Re: Application Packets NoJustNo
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I know of a few banks that send a NOI with the Loan Estimate (loans subject to TRID). It basically says "in order to move forward, we will need the following documents (list them) by this date _______". I like this approach because it's a "one and done". If the borrowers provide the documents, you move forward. If they don't, you've already provided a NOI and don't need to send them any other notice.

I don't think you can put it in the Welcome Packets if it's given to them before they receive the LE. TRID makes it clear that you can't require verifications before delivered the LE.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z