Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2150664 - 10/20/17 06:02 PM CDD/Beneficiary Rule - Customer Notice
ABT Offline
Does the new CDD/Beneficiary Rule have any customer notice requirement?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2150665 - 10/20/17 06:11 PM Re: CDD/Beneficiary Rule - Customer Notice ABT
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
There is nothing like the CIP notice, if that is what you're thinking of. And there is no requirement that you notify existing entity customers about what's coming. There is, however, an explanatory notice at the top of the model form in Appendix A to § 1010.230.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2150667 - 10/20/17 06:18 PM Re: CDD/Beneficiary Rule - Customer Notice John Burnett
ABT Offline
Yes John, that is what I needed to know if there was a customer notice requirement as there is with CIP. Thank you for your guidance!

Return to Top
#2150676 - 10/20/17 06:36 PM Re: CDD/Beneficiary Rule - Customer Notice ABT
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
For others reading this thread, don't be surprised if you receive calls from your forms vendors offering to sell you new signage for all of your branches. Since it's not required, it's up to you whether or not this is considered money well spent.

Return to Top
#2150748 - 10/21/17 10:05 AM Re: CDD/Beneficiary Rule - Customer Notice BrianC
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
A banker showed me a "homemade" notice, replete with the American flag and eagle in the background, yesterday. If the first paragraph of Appendix A was intelligible, it would suffice. However, the "early adopters" I've spoken with indicate there really isn't that much pushback from customers so I'm not sure what the point might be.

Your most likely source of pushback is your employees. Make a sign for them. wink

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z