Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2150818 - 10/23/17 04:27 PM mixed purpose other and Home Improvement
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
If you have a dwelling secured note and the proceeds are primarily going to be used to pay off credit cards but there is a smidgeon of cash that is stated to be used for Home Improvements, which bucket of purpose would you classify for HMDA?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2150820 - 10/23/17 04:54 PM Re: mixed purpose other and Home Improvement Bec
Adam F Offline
Gold Star
Adam F
VA
It would be Home Improvement.

3. Purpose—multiple-purpose loan. Section 1003.4(a)(3) requires a financial institution to report the purpose of a covered loan or application. If a covered loan is ahome purchase loan as well as a home improvement loan, a refinancing, or a cash-out refinancing, an institution complies with § 1003.4(a)(3) by reporting the loan as a home purchase loan. If a covered loan is a home improvement loan as well as a refinancing or cash-out refinancing, but the covered loan is not a home purchase loan, an institution complies with § 1003.4(a)(3) by reporting the covered loan as a refinancing or a cash-out refinancing, as appropriate. If a covered loan is a refinancing or cash-out refinancing as well as for another purpose, such as for the purpose of paying educational expenses, but the covered loan is not a home purchase loan, an institution complies with § 1003.4(a)(3) by reporting the covered loan as a refinancing or a cash-out refinancing, as appropriate. See comment 4(a)(3)-2. If a covered loan is a home improvement loan as well as for another purpose, but the covered loan is not a home purchase loan, a refinancing, or cash-out refinancing, an institution complies with § 1003.4(a)(3) by reporting the covered loan as a home improvement loan. See comment 2(i)-1.

The answers I give are my opinions. Not legal advice.

Return to Top