BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#215336 - 07/26/04 12:29 PM BSA Training
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We will be providing BSA training to all employees during the month of August. This will be basic information, not job specific, to make all employees aware of the mandatory requirements.

Does anyone have any ideas to make this 'perky' and fun? We're trying to come up with something to help keep the attention of the viewer. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#215337 - 07/26/04 12:47 PM Re: BSA Training
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
How about organizing it along the Jeopardy format?

Return to Top
#215338 - 07/26/04 12:58 PM Re: BSA Training
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Check out Training Aids under Bankers Tools. Some generous BOL participants have contributed games that have gotten great reviews in prior threads.

Return to Top
#215339 - 07/26/04 01:02 PM Re: BSA Training
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Skittles, we've played both BSA Bingo and BSA Jeopardy. Bingo went over better but both were great hits and people look forward to training each year.

Return to Top
#215340 - 07/26/04 01:12 PM Re: BSA Training
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I find it hard to believe that anyone actually looks forward to training. However, we have also done a Jeopardy type training on BSA, which is a boring topic, and no one fell asleep. I guess that makes it a success.

Return to Top
#215341 - 07/26/04 01:57 PM Re: BSA Training
Tink Offline
The key for me is to always keep it interactive. Lectures are naturally boring, but with input from the group throughout the training session the time passes quite quickly.

Return to Top
#215342 - 08/06/04 11:42 AM Re: BSA Training
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
An update.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. We had our first 'Jeopardy' match on Wednesday and will do them for the remainder of the Wednesday's in the month. Our marketing department created a Jeopardy board on power point and it worked great. We had 3 teams with approximately 12 members per team and it got quite competitive. We're going to have to come up with a new 'Final Jeopardy' each week. We gave $100 Grand bars and Smarties to the winners and Nerds to the losers. We also had consolation prizes for the captains of the losing teams - Rice A Roni and Lee Press On Nails. In addition we gave away a Jeopardy home edition as a door prize. The employees loved this and are still raving about it. Our Security Officer played Alex last week and we're alternating. I'm going to borrow one of my son's ties next week.

This was a lot of fun and we couldn't have done it without everyone's ideas and BOL. Again - thanks to you all!!!

Return to Top
#215343 - 08/16/04 10:16 PM Re: BSA Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

We tried doing it in a fun format one year with a conversation between the BSA officer and a loan officer. We covered all the pertinent facts for the general public and got taken to task at the next exam on the light hearted approach we took. Still steams me! It was the best one we had ever done.

Return to Top
#215344 - 08/17/04 04:34 PM Re: BSA Training
Dollar Bill Offline
100 Club
Dollar Bill
Midwest
We did a BSA training in the form of Jeopardy this year. Although the feedback was positive, I had discovered during the current year audit that some employees were having trouble determining when a CTR was required.

My point is, it is fun to have the training in the form of a game, however it seems to me that the employees did not retain the infomration.

Just a heads up from what I have learned from my experience with this.

Return to Top
#215345 - 08/18/04 07:41 PM Re: BSA Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's been my experience that employees do not retain information they do not use regularly, regardless of how the training was handled.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett