Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2153489 - 11/14/17 06:06 PM Phony Website
Valley girl Offline
Gold Star
TX
Woman orders a goody package to be delivered to boyfriend at local inmate facility. Facility official told her they would only accept shipments from a company called I Care Gifts (by Aramark). She places order with a company called I Care Gifting Solutions, LLC. When you click on I Care Gifting Solutions, LLC it shows you are actually going to a site called InmateCarePackage.com. Member filed dispute - product never received. I am off the hook as far as Reg E, but I'm wondering if I have to file with VISA. Jail warned her that they only accept from I Care Gifts. She claims I Care Gifting Solutions, LLC is a fake website. None of the phone numbers are valid. But they do have Terms and Conditions warning users that no refund will be given if you have not verified delivery from their company at your specific jail. Because she went to a wrong website, and the changes are notable, I don't know whether I can dispute the item. Plus, if it's a scam website, I won't get anywhere anyway. Do I have to file the dispute?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2153493 - 11/14/17 06:15 PM Re: Phony Website Valley girl
BrianC Online
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
As a VISA issuer you are contractually obligated to assist your cardholder if they have satisfied the chargeback requirements. VISA chargeback code 30 "Merchandise not received" requires that a chargeback dispute document the cardholder's efforts to resolve with the merchant and the merchant's response (or lack of response.) The chargeback cannot be filed for 15 days after either the transaction date or the promised delivery date whichever is later.

Also see VISA Rule 1.11.1.2 Attempt to Settle regarding your obligation to your customer.

Before initiating a Chargeback, the Issuer must attempt to honor the Transaction.
If the attempt fails and the Issuer has already billed the Transaction to the Cardholder, the Issuer must
credit the Cardholder for the Chargeback amount.
An Issuer must credit its Cardholder's account for the amount in dispute, whether or not a Chargeback
was initiated, if the dispute involves an Electronic Commerce Transaction that meets the conditions of
any of the following Chargeback reason codes:
● 30 (Services not Provided or Merchandise Not Received)
● 41 (Cancelled Recurring Transaction)
● 53 (Not as Described)
● 83 (Fraud – Card-Absent Environment)
● 85 (Credit Not Processed)

Return to Top
#2153525 - 11/14/17 07:32 PM Re: Phony Website Valley girl
Valley girl Offline
Gold Star
TX
Thank you Brian! I was sure that was the answer, but hoped to be wrong:)

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z