Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2153884 - 11/16/17 04:13 PM Escrows - no loan secured by property
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
I know this is a very strange question, but do any of your banks have an escrows for property taxes and insurance set up for a customer who doesn't have a loan secured by the property?

We have a customer with rental property and it is not collateral on any loan. He doesn't want the headache of having to remember to pay taxes and insurance so he asked us if we could set up an escrow to do that for him. Curious as to whether or not others have done this and how you had it set up? Did you have your customer set up automatic deposits into an account (checking, savings or money market?), then you just made the payments from there? What do charge your customer for this service?

I've not ever been at a bank that did escrows other than on loans where the property was collateral.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2153891 - 11/16/17 04:22 PM Re: Escrows - no loan secured by property CalifDreamin
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure I would touch that - why too much liability unless you are planning to charge them a hefty fee for the service. I have never heard of a bank doing this either. Likely, you have no automated process to really facilitate it.

Return to Top
#2153912 - 11/16/17 05:34 PM Re: Escrows - no loan secured by property CalifDreamin
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
Tell them to get with their accountant.

Return to Top
#2153929 - 11/16/17 06:48 PM Re: Escrows - no loan secured by property CalifDreamin
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Either the accountant, or set up a savings account with an auto transfer monthly. That provides the funds and as soon as the tax bill is received, transfer funds, pay the bill. It isn't much easier than that. But why would the bank want to provide such a service, and for just one account? I might help my customer find a solution, but I wouldn't be that solution.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top