Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2095107 - 08/24/16 08:34 PM HMDA Data Collection Form
Ivore Garza Offline
New Poster
Has anyone started looking at how they will collect all of the new data to be input into the HMDA LAR. We have been manual input with an excel worksheet up until now. Not sure how we are going to go forward.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2095124 - 08/24/16 09:29 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Except for very small LARs, manual entry will not be very feasible. Most LOS providers can create an export file that can be loaded into the HMDA software of your choice.

Return to Top
#2095633 - 08/26/16 08:34 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I did question this with the CFPB tech support, specifically mentioning financial institutions that enter data directly to the FFIEC software. This will all be online now and you cannot just type into the system.

However, what you can do is enter your data to a spreadsheet and periodically use the CFPB tool (to be provided soon) to convert the file to a pipe delimited file and upload it to the software and run error reports, etc.

Each time you reupload, you will override the old data, so you have to view your spreadsheet as the primary source.

Keep your spreadsheet secure and it is not much different than what you do now. You can run periodic reports as you update throughout the year.
Last edited by Kathleen B; 08/26/16 09:51 PM.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2095635 - 08/26/16 08:40 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Gathering the data will take planning. Locate the sources of that data and create a process to gather it for each loan. Then, when we see the conversion tool, you will know the format needed for your spreadsheet that will be converted and uploaded.

Also, check with your LOS to see if it will create a file to upload and save steps. This is not feasible for all who do not have non-originated applications gathered electronically. For those whose systems are gathering information like credit scores, names of systems, AUS systems and results, loan to value, property value, etc., test to make sure it has the correct data. Many banks have data in the system but have no really used it. Test that now to see if it is accurate data or if you have to make some process tweaks. Have staff been entering accurate data or just throwing anything in fields because it was not being used internally for much. Hopefully it is correct because much of it went to the "Alert" files used for some regulator uploads. Check with your credit admin area or chief lending or chief credit officer. You might have much of the data already being gathered.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2146263 - 09/15/17 03:00 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
M&M Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
For those of us who may have to collect some of this data manually (mostly for Commercial), does anyone have data collection sheet that includes all of the new fields that our Loan Officers could complete before sending it on to Compliance?

Return to Top
#2146265 - 09/15/17 03:08 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
M&M, i assume it is on the CFPB website...if you'll PM me your email address, i can send you a copy.

Return to Top
#2146271 - 09/15/17 03:21 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
NorthSouth Offline
M&M, there's one on the ABA website; I also found another one that's pretty slick too. PM me if you want them.

Return to Top
#2146301 - 09/15/17 04:48 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
Aruba123 Offline
New York
NorthSouth, I would be interested in the data collection sheets you are referring to. Would you be willing to share with me also?

Return to Top
#2146311 - 09/15/17 05:17 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
NorthSouth Offline
Sure, PM me with your address and I'll send you both.

Return to Top
#2146320 - 09/15/17 05:34 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
Tracey, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Gorham, ME
North- just sent you PM

Return to Top
#2146819 - 09/20/17 03:03 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form NorthSouth
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
North, that seems to be our concern also, that Commercial loans are manually entered.

Would you mind sending a set to me. I'll PM you my address. Our HMDA team of 1, thanks you.

Return to Top
#2153581 - 11/15/17 12:37 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form NorthSouth
LaLendingLady Offline
NorthSouth, I'm interested in the data collection sheets you are referring to. Would you please share with me also?

Return to Top
#2153960 - 11/16/17 08:50 PM Re: HMDA Data Collection Form Ivore Garza
NorthSouth Offline
Just looked at this thread, it's been awhile. I think I've sent the worksheets to everyone who sent me their email address; if I missed you my apologies. Please re-send me your email address if you're still interested. Thanks!

Return to Top