Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2151832 - 10/31/17 07:17 PM Questsoft Users Inquiry
A.B. Offline
100 Club
A.B.
KY
Good day everyone. I'd like to get the general consensus of fellow BOL'ers and how they extract their data from their loan origination systems and how often? Do they extract data from their LOS by extracting data into a .CSV or .DAT file and then import directly into Questsoft? How often do you extract data and import...weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, at the end of the quarter? Or do you manually import the information into Questsoft directly?

We are a National Bank. > $1B in assets. Over 1,000 HMDA reportable loans last several years and primarily use Fiserv EasyLender Mortgage as our main LOS. We also use Decision Pro and Laser Pro LOS for additional reporting loans (multiple pieces of collateral, investment properties) if that helps also.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2151842 - 10/31/17 08:08 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I import directly from LaserPro to QuestSoft and then scrub the data there. I do this on a monthly basis. Can't say anything intelligent about whether it's a .CSV or .DAT file....all i know is it gets from point A to point B like i need it to.

Typical LAR for me is 150-200 entries.
Last edited by raitchjay; 10/31/17 08:10 PM.

Return to Top
#2151874 - 10/31/17 11:00 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
Back 6-7 years ago I used EZ Lender with Questsoft and exported monthly. Loans were vanilla mortgages. I am now at a shop using LaserPro with more users. I do the export loan-by-loan to be able to lock down the data. We're a commercial lender, and the loans are used for renewals, extensions etc, so I want to keep data frozen to ensure it does not move! Once data is reviewed, and found acceptable, it needs to be kept secure- that should be a considerations.

Return to Top
#2151939 - 11/01/17 03:49 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
How do you capture your declines/adverse actions? We are gearing up for using Decision Pro (for our manufactured home loans - we use Calyx for mortgages) so that we can capture the non-originated loans, too. But there are problems with using Decision Pro for originated loans as Dec Pro does not include fees, final rate, loan number, etc., because all of that is handled in Laser Pro when docs are drawn and Laser Pro does not talk back to Decision Pro.

Return to Top
#2152011 - 11/01/17 09:30 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
A.B. Offline
100 Club
A.B.
KY
Thanks to all who responded. For Tarhe, we just started using the Decision Pro/Laser Pro combo in the second quarter of this year and it's been quite a challenge due to the main thing that you mentioned, LP doesn't talk to DP. DP was a temporary solution since we were looking to move to a new LOS in first quarter of 2018 but based on those same issues with the fees, rates, etc. that you described, we've got some decisions to make in the next 30 days. As far as our current situation for 2017 reportable loans, everything is a manual process as of now, but we are moving towards importing which triggered the initial inquiry.

Return to Top
#2152198 - 11/02/17 09:11 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
Everest Offline
Gold Star
We also use LP and DP and have determined that all originated loans will have to come from LP and all non-originated loans will come out of DP. However, we are having issues getting the originated loan information exported out of LP. We import our HMDA data into a third party vendor (RATA). Anyone know if there is an export for HMDA out of LaserPro (that is not going to QuestSoft)?

Return to Top
#2152204 - 11/02/17 09:37 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I don't use LP for any HMDA data management. What format is the data extract for QuestSoft? You should be able to convert it to a spreadsheet, save as a .csv file and import into RATA.

Return to Top
#2152529 - 11/07/17 06:06 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry Everest
A.B. Offline
100 Club
A.B.
KY
Bamboozled - You must have been involved in our discussions! We had the same issue with respect to originated loans out of LP and non-originated out of DP. The problem we encountered is that the underwriter information (thinking more ATR and the like) was being conducted in DP since this was the main decision engine being used to determine approvals/denials. Since we didn't want to have to input HMDA information into both systems, we are using DP for all loans and recording the final HMDA data in DP. There is still some manual entry required but it worked best for us in our process.

Return to Top
#2152583 - 11/07/17 09:11 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
Carter'sMom Offline
We do not use Questsoft; however, we have been working with LaserPro and DecisionPro to determine how we will get data out of those systems for 2018 HMDA. They have a new cloud based aggregation tool that is currently in development and scheduled to roll out sometime in November. We are not too excited about having to take our data to the cloud to get an excel report to import into our HMDA software.

Return to Top
#2154744 - 11/24/17 08:38 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
We export directly from LaserPro and Encomass into QuestSoft. Have been doing this for years and love doing this. We do it on a monthly basis and reconcile the data at that time each month.

We have DecisionPro and were using it for our non-originated files, but quit doing so over a year ago as it would gray out certain fields in the HMDA screens and export them incorrectly, always requiring a correction within QuestSoft. I am not a fan of DPro whatsoever.

All comments are mine & should not be taken as legal advice.

Return to Top
#2165933 - 02/26/18 10:47 PM Re: Questsoft Users Inquiry A.B.
bayou banker11 Offline
New Poster
Has anyone attempted to extract 2018 HMDA data from LaserPro (pipe delimited) ?

Return to Top