Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2155380 - 11/29/17 09:16 PM Releasing Collateral-Permissible Purpose?
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
We originated an installment loan in 2016 secured by stock owned by our borrower's mother. The mother signed a third party pledge agreement to allow the bank to take it as collateral. This week our borrower has asked if we would be willing to release the collateral because they need to cash in the stock to pay for the mother's nursing home bills. Lender wants to pull credit to see if the borrower qualifies for unsecured credit. Would this be a permissible purpose? Could we use the account review provision to pull a new credit report?

Return to Top
#2155382 - 11/29/17 09:18 PM Re: Releasing Collateral-Permissible Purpose? Dani York, CRCM
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Yes - you have a new request for unsecured credit - regardless of how you would accomplish that, such as just releasing the collateral on the current loan.

Return to Top
#2155383 - 11/29/17 09:18 PM Re: Releasing Collateral-Permissible Purpose? Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Thank you!

Return to Top