Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2161173 - 01/19/18 09:34 PM Check Images Provided In Online/Mobile Banking
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I feel like we may be one of the few banks left that do not currently provide the customer with the ability to see and print an image of their check when in their online/mobile banking. We are preparing to change this - and the customer will be able to click on the check number while in online banking or mobile banking and see an image of their check as well as print a copy. I was just curious if there is anything specific we need to do, compliance wise, before this goes into effect? Currently our customers who receive e-statements can view and print check images. However, now everyone enrolled in online banking/mobile banking will be able to view all current check images - they wouldn't need to be an e-statement customer or wait for their statement to be ready.

Thanks!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2161194 - 01/19/18 10:25 PM Re: Check Images Provided In Online/Mobile Banking Bankwoman1
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I might tout the new and enhanced feature, but nothing is coming to mind as to disclosures or approvals.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2161235 - 01/22/18 01:49 PM Re: Check Images Provided In Online/Mobile Banking Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Wonderful! Thanks Andy!

Return to Top
#2161295 - 01/22/18 05:02 PM Re: Check Images Provided In Online/Mobile Banking Bankwoman1
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I do want to weigh in here to add that providing images via online banking or mobile app does not change the start date for counting the days the customer has to notify the bank of an unauthorized or altered item under UCC 4-406. The count starts with the day the statement is sent to the customer, not before. That said, if a customer does contact you about an unauthorized or altered item before it pops up on a statement because you got the image to the customer sooner, that's a plus for you and your customer, because you can react to the problem sooner.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2161334 - 01/22/18 08:01 PM Re: Check Images Provided In Online/Mobile Banking Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thanks for that information John! I really appreciate all of the help I get on here!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z