Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2161787 - 01/25/18 01:39 PM Annual Account Confirmations
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Our annual account confirmations have recently been sent. Three confirmations from commercial customers were returned to our auditors with comments about payment posting .
Internal audit brought them to me asking if they should be logged as complaints?
My common sense say yes, what do others do in this circumstance?

Return to Top
Audit
#2161789 - 01/25/18 01:44 PM Re: Annual Account Confirmations Soccer
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Three unsolicited complaints from commercial customers on the same subject, regardless of how they arrived at the bank is more than unusual, which says you have a definite problem. I would not be ignoring them, that is for sure. Whether you log them or not is a bank policy issue. Fixing the problem however should be a top priority.

Return to Top
#2161793 - 01/25/18 01:55 PM Re: Annual Account Confirmations Soccer
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Management is in the process of researching and addressing and I apologize I should have stated that.
Thank you for the response I will discuss up the chain further.

Return to Top
#2161795 - 01/25/18 01:57 PM Re: Annual Account Confirmations Soccer
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
My personal opinion, audit confirmations can not be relied on as test work any more. Tell us the total number of confirmations sent out. Auditors use them as a walk through process. In today's age of various scams and everything, we are lucky to get 75% of the confirmations back. I am sure your auditors will ask you to perform alternative procedures which will include reviewing account activity. Generally it is a timing issue as to when a payment was posted.

Return to Top
#2161798 - 01/25/18 02:04 PM Re: Annual Account Confirmations Soccer
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I don't think the question was on reliability or necessity of sending confirmations - a complaint is a complaint - and multiple complaints no matter how they are received by a bank requires proper follow through. Even if the problem is a customer perception rather than fact.

Return to Top
#2161846 - 01/25/18 04:58 PM Re: Annual Account Confirmations Soccer
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
After further discussion it appears there is only one issue, the others were timing as stated above. However the one that is remaining may also be a timing issue but based on past loan account history I am requiring a formal review and written response to ensure there can be no backlash that we did not take his concerns seriously.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z