Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2161583 - 01/23/18 09:26 PM Annual Board Approval of Officers
bigfish Offline
trolling for the big one
We are a state member bank. Other than what might be found in state law, is there any regulation or rule that all officers, or a certain level of officer and above must be approved by the Board annually? It appears the BSA Officer and Security Officer must be appointed by the Board and most likely the FACTA/Red Flags Officer. The Chief Information Security Officer can be designated by management. I did not locate any specific guidance relating to the Fair Lending Officer, Compliance Officer or CRA Officer. Is there any other guidance on specific officers that must be approved by the Board?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2161591 - 01/23/18 09:42 PM Re: Annual Board Approval of Officers bigfish
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Personally never heard of a FACTA/Red Flags Officer. We use the following for guidance.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/supmanual/cbem/5000.pdf

Return to Top
#2161713 - 01/24/18 06:44 PM Re: Annual Board Approval of Officers bigfish
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
§334.90(e) requires involvement of the Board of Directors, an appropriate committee or a designated senior level employee (a “FACT Act Officer”) in the oversight, initial/ongoing development, implementation and administration (to include an annual report to the Board of Directors) of the Program;

Return to Top
#2161880 - 01/25/18 06:13 PM Re: Annual Board Approval of Officers bigfish
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I am designated as the person responsible for FACT act compliance but the board has not "officially approved" that actual title nor is that in their meeting minutes. The policy lists my title and the policy is board approved and that has been sufficient.

Return to Top
#2161897 - 01/25/18 07:00 PM Re: Annual Board Approval of Officers bigfish
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Thanks PQ, that would explain why I have never heard of that position.

Return to Top