Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#216237 - 07/27/04 09:13 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got me Dawnie, but at least I am anonymous!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#216238 - 07/27/04 09:27 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

And what did or are you doing? Posting statements like that should haunt you for the rest of your drug filled life.

He is President and you are probably some sort of minor league compliance person - even if you got A's.

Haunt me? No way!! If he can be president with C's then I, logically, can rule the world with my B average.

Return to Top
#216239 - 07/27/04 10:07 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Sheesh we can argue about anything can't we

Analyze..I'd vote for you as ruler of the world, but I kinda wanted the post....

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#216240 - 07/27/04 11:10 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Haunt me? No way!! If he can be president with C's then I, logically, can rule the world with my B average.

I've seen your posts, there is no way that you are a "B" average - and I would hope that you rule the really small world that you appear to live in.

Try posting facts - you will feel better even in your world.

Return to Top
#216241 - 07/28/04 12:19 AM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
The thread was meant to be a small joke...BACK OFF for gads sake can't anyone speak without insulting people? (Jokerman, I didn't mean offense by asking if you'd read it, I just know you're always there when a political thread gets posted, nothing negative at all) Paragon, you're too literal, Analyze really shouldn't be attacked should he?

Lets all have a beer (in seperate corners)

Return to Top
#216242 - 07/28/04 02:20 AM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Anonymous
Unregistered

I note in another thread that TrueBlueBanker asks why a posting of his was apparently deleted by Andy Z, apparently because it was deemed that TrueBlueBanker engaged in poor taste.

There is a response to TrueBlueBanker's question from Dawnie in which she notes that she, too, has access level authority to delete posts by virtue of her apparent role as a moderator. This leads me to a key question: Why would a moderator who is entrusted with an increased level of access -- and who, as a moderator, should be required to display a level of discipline, maturity, and comportment -- initiate such a childish, ridiculous question about crack cocaine in association with Republicans. The initiation of such a tasteless, frivolous thread is an indicator that the criteria to become a thread moderator requires review.

Andy may delete threads, but he is consistent. You would never see Andy or Mary Beth initiate something this inappropriate.

Return to Top
#216243 - 07/28/04 02:34 AM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Far be it for me to have offended, but I'd like to point out that I didn't mention any names, didn't plan on it, just wanted to insert a little levity into the forum called the water cooler for those of us who are tired of all the political arguments. Again, it was meant to be a silly joke. If I've offended you by posting it I'll appologize. For those who pm'd that it was funny apprently you're as nutso as I am

Return to Top
#216244 - 07/28/04 12:18 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Hey, someone is trying to use my name!!!

FatLilDevil
PoopDevil

Sorry guys, Donald Trump copyrighted it for me!

Return to Top
#216245 - 07/28/04 12:20 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I note in another thread that TrueBlueBanker asks why a posting of his was apparently deleted by Andy Z, apparently because it was deemed that TrueBlueBanker engaged in poor taste.

My post was NOT deleted! Posts to my original thread were deleted. Anon...it was not deemed that TBB engaged in poor taste. Maybe anon should take the time to read the threads
and loosen up a little after all you are in the watercooler section!

Return to Top
#216246 - 07/28/04 12:49 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Actually, I think the President has admitted to having used drugs during his wilder days. He certainly has admitted to abusing alcohol.

The fact that he has stopped this behavior isn't a character flaw - I see it more as an indication of his resolve. No one is making an issue of it - so who cares?

Return to Top
#216247 - 07/28/04 01:16 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Far be it for me to have offended, but I'd like to point out that I didn't mention any names, didn't plan on it, just wanted to insert a little levity into the forum called the water cooler for those of us who are tired of all the political arguments. Again, it was meant to be a silly joke. If I've offended you by posting it I'll appologize. For those who pm'd that it was funny apprently you're as nutso as I am

For someone to be offended by this they have to be very very very insecure. You could have just as easily titled it list of democrats arrested for smoking cigars, list of independents arrested for dui, etc. etc. For that matter, you could have called it list of professional atheletes found to be using steriods.

It wasn't at all offensive, and if you were offended by this, I am sure that the offense comes not from the title of the thread, nor from the posts in the thread, but from being completely outwitted by something so simple.

Return to Top
#216248 - 07/28/04 01:27 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

My post was NOT deleted! Posts to my original thread were deleted. Anon...it was not deemed that TBB engaged in poor taste. Maybe anon should take the time to read the threads
and loosen up a little after all you are in the watercooler section!

Anon:

You are mistaken.

At 6:39 p.m. on July 27, in the thread now entitled, "Post Deleted By Andy Z", TrueBlueBanker in post No. 222024 inquires, "As a fairly new poster I am still learning how to BOL. On one of the threads I submitted several posts were deleted by Andy Z. What would warrant a post being deleted?"

Dawnie is the next responder at 6:51 p.m., and she notes, "I can also delete posts as can any forum moderator." Dawnie further states that, "The reasons [for a post being dleted] vary but normally have to do with inappropriate language or behavior."

The point, Anon, which you've obviously missed, is that a forum moderator, in my opinion, should be above initiating a tasteless thread which references crack cocaine and a specific political party. The thread was not one which complemented any other discussions related to that subject. It was clearly in poor taste, and it most definately would not meet any of the 20 posting suggestions listed in the BOL Posting Guidelines.

Like a cop, a forum moderator is expected to stand apart and avoid emotional involvement in initiating threads which can easily offend and lessen their credibility. There are many forum moderators who, as BOL subject matter experts, avoid initiating threads in the WaterCooler or Couch, and for obvious reasons.

Dawnie was principled enough to respond and note that she was not intending to offend, so the matter is closed.

Return to Top
#216249 - 07/28/04 01:30 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Quote:

Hey, someone is trying to use my name!!!

FatLilDevil
PoopDevil

Sorry guys, Donald Trump copyrighted it for me!

Yeah, someone's taken a variant of mine as well. I guess they wanna be like us... I feel bad for them... NO one should feel so terrible that they look up to me and try and mimic me... that's a sign of serious depression . Either that or they're gonna try to flame people and hope it come back to us instead of them. Either way I don't care.

Return to Top
#216250 - 07/28/04 01:30 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Tiger Fan Offline
100 Club
I have to agree with you completely. People need to lighten up a little and learn to have fun.

Dawnie, you got me!!!

Return to Top
#216251 - 07/28/04 01:35 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

I have to agree with you completely. People need to lighten up a little and learn to have fun.

Dawnie, you got me!!!

Ditto

Return to Top
#216252 - 07/28/04 01:44 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Anonymous,
Forum moderators do just that, they moderate forums. Most of them are volunteers who have made tangible contributions to helping other people.

While they should not use their magical powers to shape a discussion to their particular point of view in the forums they moderate, you alone have composed the standards you cite for their behavior when they are in other fora.

Humor is relative and Dawnie's post was more likely to be humorous to people who have read a lot of the political threads in the Water Cooler. Nevertheless, being a moderator does not make her a bigger target when her post has nothing to do with that role.

P.S. FYI, the posts that were edited or deleted were not TrueBlueBankers.

Return to Top
#216253 - 07/28/04 01:52 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
downstown Offline
Gold Star
St. Louis, MO
Quote:

Quote:

Dawnie, you got me!!!

Ditto

Ditto on the Ditto

Return to Top
#216254 - 07/28/04 01:56 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
I have enjoyed this thread. I can't understand why all the "anons" get their shorts in such a rumple. Chill out and have a little fun. Life is short. Learn to laugh!!!!

Return to Top
#216255 - 07/28/04 02:22 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

I've seen your posts, there is no way that you are a "B" average - and I would hope that you rule the really small world that you appear to live in.

Try posting facts - you will feel better even in your world.

I'm really glad that I didn't read this post before I went home yesterday.
You have no right to attack me when I was just making a joke. You don't know me, how I really was in school, how I am at work, or even who I voted for in the last election. Back off, and lighten up.

I really hope that by you attacking me, and then attacking me again, that is somehow made you feel better in your "little world". Do you feel better Paragon? Do you?

Return to Top
#216256 - 07/28/04 03:02 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
The thread was meant to be a small joke...BACK OFF for gads sake can't anyone speak without insulting people? (Jokerman, I didn't mean offense by asking if you'd read it, I just know you're always there when a political thread gets posted, nothing negative at all) Paragon, you're too literal, Analyze really shouldn't be attacked should he?

Dawnie: You, as a moderator, should stay out of the provocative post business. I’m surprised and disappointed that you don’t realize the posting anything that has Republicans smoking crack, even as some sort of sick joke, would result in upset posters – literal and not so literal.

I’m thinking that as a BOL moderator, you should give up your rights to post such garbage and responding from the dimo-bulb point of view – sticking with moderating forums and banking stuff. No other moderator gets involved at the level that you are involved with this sort of thing.

Do the right thing!

Return to Top
#216257 - 07/28/04 03:25 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Dawnie: You, as a moderator, should stay out of the provocative post business. I’m surprised and disappointed that you don’t realize the posting anything that has Republicans smoking crack, even as some sort of sick joke, would result in upset posters – literal and not so literal.

I’m thinking that as a BOL moderator, you should give up your rights to post such garbage and responding from the dimo-bulb point of view – sticking with moderating forums and banking stuff. No other moderator gets involved at the level that you are involved with this sort of thing.

Do the right thing!

Surely paragon, you must realize that if Dawnie and I agree on something, there can be no question about it. We are diametrically opposed to nearly every issue. For you to think she has done something wrong with this is sheer idiocy.

Return to Top
#216258 - 07/28/04 03:35 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
I really hope that by you attacking me, and then attacking me again, that is somehow made you feel better in your "little world". Do you feel better paragon? Do you?

I'M IN THE PRESENT AND LOOKING GOOD!

Within humor, there is always some truth from the speakers point of view. You should avoid political humor as you are not good at it and some people may respond in an un-humorous way.

Return to Top
#216259 - 07/28/04 03:35 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Tiger Fan Offline
100 Club
I, for one, hope that Dawnie does not take your advice. Her posts are almost always humorous when taken in the spirit she intends them to be. Why should she be responsible for other people being so sensitive they are unable to read the posts in the manner intended?

Dawnie, keep up the good work.

Return to Top
#216260 - 07/28/04 04:05 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Hee hee hee ... I think it's funny now that we're seriously discussing how to not be so serious. Sorry, but it IS kinda funny!

Return to Top
#216261 - 07/28/04 04:09 PM Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
I, for one, hope that Dawnie does not take your advice. Her posts are almost always humorous when taken in the spirit she intends them to be. Why should she be responsible for other people being so sensitive they are unable to read the posts in the manner intended?
Dawnie, keep up the good work.

Don't fret, Dawnie is not about to take my advice on any issue, but that doesn't stop me from offering it.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4