Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#21626 - 06/24/02 04:58 PM RESPA - retention
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Is there any HUD interpretation of what they mean by "and related documents" in the retention section of RESPA (§3500.10(e))? Would this include ANY and ALL RESPA related disclosures?
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#21627 - 06/25/02 07:14 PM Re: RESPA - retention
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
I have never run across anything from HUD that answers your question. You should keep any document relating to the settlement process and anything that you disclose on the GFE and HUD-1. This isn't as many documents as Regulation B requires, but it probably is most of them. Any settlement service and its cost should be documented.

Return to Top
#21628 - 06/25/02 07:18 PM Re: RESPA - retention
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Thanks Lucy! That's what I am advising - GFE, HUD-1, Mortg. Serv. Disclos, etc. They were a little resistant since no specific documents were listed other than the the HUD-1 so I was hoping there some affirmation from HUD that I was not finding.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#21629 - 06/25/02 07:38 PM Re: RESPA - retention
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
What makes these guys think there has to be a list! Are they all from Missouri? Consider yourself affirmed!

Return to Top
#21630 - 06/26/02 07:04 PM Re: RESPA - retention
Howard Lax Offline
Gold Star
Howard Lax
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Remember that there is also a record retention provision in Section 15 of Regulation X - 5 years for anything to prove compliance with the AfBA rules (GFE, HUD-1, AfBA Disclosure).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z