Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2163162 - 02/05/18 09:13 PM BNI Group
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
Hello! I had a thought cross my mind today: do BNI groups violate privacy? I learned about them from an acquaintance in the insurance industry who is in one and was suggesting that I join one. I decided not to for other reasons, but have the privacy concerns anyway.

For those who haven't heard of them, they're a group where you pay ~$500/year to meet with a group of people that basically just gives each other referrals. Sounds like they work really well for plumbers, accountants, construction, etc. The way it was explained to me is that you're expected to come to each meeting with a list of people who have said they need a certain service, then pass their name along for the people who do that service to call them. Completely possible I misunderstood though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, would you guys have privacy concerns, too?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2163174 - 02/05/18 09:44 PM Re: BNI Group MScarn6942
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, for a bank employee it might be a challenge. You ever mention a specific referral and that can be related back to the fact that they are a customer of the bank, you have a problem.

Return to Top
#2163176 - 02/05/18 09:51 PM Re: BNI Group MScarn6942
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
That was my thought exactly!

Return to Top