Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2164405 - 02/14/18 02:15 PM I'm probably over-thinking this, but....
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
An association of realtors maintains a Home Magazine, which lists several properties for sale in our Bank's footprint. The magazine itself provides contact information for multiple realtor groups. Multiple banks (ours included) have advertisements throughout the magazine.

Are there any Section 8 violations or concerns if we allow realtors to place these magazines the lobby of our branches? We aren't paying the realtor, they aren't paying us. The magazines are free to take. The individual realtor that brings the magazines in will usually staple his/her business card to the front of the magazine.

No referral fees are paid. There's nothing of value. These magazines are available to anyone and everyone, just placed on a table in the lobby. No kind of fees or commission is paid to the realtor.

I really don't think these are problematic......Thoughts?

Return to Top
RESPA
#2164406 - 02/14/18 02:17 PM Re: I'm probably over-thinking this, but.... burkemi
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are paying for the advertising in the magazine, I'm not sure if you care how they are distributed.

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL