Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2164225 - 02/13/18 03:20 PM Borrower / Co Borrower business and Individuals
Cat Lover Offline
100 Club
We have a loan that closed under two business entities, however the owners signed the promissory note as individuals as well. We show Co #1, Co.#2 and the two individuals signing as well. There are items in the new HMDA that if applicant and co-applicant are not individuals you can report N/A. What happens in a situation like this one. The LE, CD and all other documents are drafted as business entities.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2164227 - 02/13/18 03:31 PM Re: Borrower / Co Borrower business and Individuals Cat Lover
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Who applied for the loan and if the individuals did not apply, how are they on the loan? Why would an LE/CD ever be issued to a business entity?

Return to Top
#2164231 - 02/13/18 03:49 PM Re: Borrower / Co Borrower business and Individuals Cat Lover
Cat Lover Offline
100 Club
They got an application for the both entities and the owners of each, at closing the promissory note is signed as Managing Member of the each of the entities and as individuals. Looks like they will be using the property as a second home.

Return to Top
#2164248 - 02/13/18 05:21 PM Re: Borrower / Co Borrower business and Individuals Cat Lover
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
You need to make a determination if this is a consumer loan or a business loan. In the beginning (your original post) made it sound like this was a business purpose loan to two businesses & 2 individuals additionally signed the loan. However, if you issue LE/CD, it makes it sound like a consumer purpose loan. So which is it?

Without knowing this, we can't advise you on the "NA" questions you have with HMDA.

Return to Top
#2164306 - 02/13/18 07:58 PM Re: Borrower / Co Borrower business and Individuals Cat Lover
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp

Did the individuals 'sign' as borrowers or as guarantors?

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2164346 - 02/13/18 09:13 PM Re: Borrower / Co Borrower business and Individuals Cat Lover
Cat Lover Offline
100 Club
I went to the mortgage and it's listing one of the company's and the two that signed as individuals. I tend to go by reporting all four in HMDA, two entities and the two individuals. As far as income, the new 2018 HMDA indicates to report NA for applicants/co-applicants that are not individuals, I have a mix. Should I report the income taken into the account for the approval process? Thank you.

Return to Top
#2164435 - 02/14/18 03:15 PM Re: Borrower / Co Borrower business and Individuals Cat Lover
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
If any borrower is an entity, income will be NA.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM