Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2164617 - 02/15/18 01:30 PM Re: 45 day letter question. Cedar Point Guy
bcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Ok, thanks again for the feedback. It is always very helpful. We have a meeting set up to discuss our letters and the flood process. There were several steps that could be revised to eliminate this issue going forward. Hopefully after the changes the issues will be resolved going forward.

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2198357 - 11/15/18 08:09 PM Re: 45 day letter question. Cedar Point Guy
Compliance_Jenn Offline
New Poster
So if the bank force places insurance on the day the policy expires and the customer comes in on the 35th day, after notification, to bring in his flood coverage, does the bank have to eat the force placed premium that's already in place or can we still charge the customer on the 46th day for coverage that we placed?

Return to Top
#2198379 - 11/15/18 09:08 PM Re: 45 day letter question. Cedar Point Guy
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You can force place on day 1. If the borrower brings in a policy, you can charge them for the time they were not covered by their policy. Nothing more and nothing less. Most forced placed flood insurance providers will allow retro-active cancellation by the lender.

Return to Top
#2198415 - 11/16/18 12:19 PM Re: 45 day letter question. rlcarey
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By rlcarey
Most forced placed flood insurance providers will allow retro-active cancellation by the lender.

And if your vendor does not allow retro-active cancellation, it might be time to go shopping for a new vendor...

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2