Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2164631 - 02/15/18 02:21 PM Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
This article appeared in the St. Louis paper, but I'm sure it will be seen all over. Eight banks highlighted for lack of minority lending. I feel badly for FNB Staunton. I worked until recently in an overlapping market area with them. Most of their branches are in rural areas. They are criticized for not moving into St. Clair County. I can tell you from experience St. Clair is way overbanked already, and is not the rural market they are used to.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/l...73a7867273.html

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2164658 - 02/15/18 03:09 PM Re: Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA MyBrainHurts
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
ouch!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2164685 - 02/15/18 04:23 PM Re: Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA MyBrainHurts
Third Trip Offline
MBH, I totally understand what you are saying. I am familiar with the market area of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Greene County. Greene County is in the far deep southwest corner of PA, bordered on two sides by West Virginia, and is very rural. It is far enough away from Allegheny county to not bear any real resemblance, and Allegheny county is also largely overbanked, being headquarters to a fair number of community banks, several larger regionals, and a little bank called PNC.

Return to Top
#2164765 - 02/15/18 07:24 PM Re: Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA Third Trip
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By Third Trip
MBH, I totally understand what you are saying. I am familiar with the market area of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Greene County. Greene County is in the far deep southwest corner of PA, bordered on two sides by West Virginia, and is very rural. It is far enough away from Allegheny county to not bear any real resemblance, and Allegheny county is also largely overbanked, being headquarters to a fair number of community banks, several larger regionals, and a little bank called PNC.

You must be from my old stomping ground Third Trip...

Return to Top