Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2144709 - 09/01/17 07:01 PM HMDA Filing Acquired Bank
CompBank23 Offline
New Poster
Hello,

We are acquiring a bank that is a HMDA reporter. Legal day one is 9/15. If we decide to file separate reports, at what time will the acquired bank need to file their LAR? Do they file at closing (9/15) or do we file on their behalf in March 2018?

Thanks in advance!

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2144712 - 09/01/17 07:22 PM Re: HMDA Filing Acquired Bank CompBank23
NMB Offline
Gold Star
Southeast Michigan
We did this a few years ago. The deadline is still March 1st. One thing that concerned me was the reporting status of loans closed before merger date that didn't get sold to the investor until after merger date. Our regulator (FDIC) confirmed that they were considered sold in the reporting year even if the loan sale was completed after merger date, as long as it happened prior to year-end.

Return to Top
#2165033 - 02/16/18 07:36 PM Re: HMDA Filing Acquired Bank CompBank23
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
Bumping this - we acquired a bank and decided to file HMDA separately. Now that we're ready to push the button, it's only giving us the options of the two banks owned by the holding company, both of which have separate LARs that are also about to be filed.

We may have totally messed this up, but we have the file for the acquired bank showing it's former name, respondent number, former regulator, etc. We're stuck at the point of the upload to CFPB.

Return to Top
#2165096 - 02/17/18 12:29 AM Re: HMDA Filing Acquired Bank CompBank23
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
I did this once at a former institution 6 years ago - there was a code tacked onto one of the transmittal fields that let the FED know it was the last filing for that institution. You might contact HMDA Help for details on how to file.

Return to Top
#2165100 - 02/17/18 11:32 PM Re: HMDA Filing Acquired Bank HMS Pippii
NMB Offline
Gold Star
Southeast Michigan
Contact your regulator to get the revised respondent number to use. Our regulator (FDIC) sent an email ahead of time asking how we were going to handle our final HMDA data, combined or separate filing.

Ask around. Someone at the bank might have already had this conversation but forgot to pass the information on to you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM