Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2130710 - 05/16/17 10:38 PM Caffeine-Teen death
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
With all the potential caffeine drinks, caution your children. The coroner's report came out last night. The student was otherwise in very good health.

"A 16-year-old XYZ High School student who collapsed in a classroom last month died from ingesting too much caffeine, the county coroner said Monday.

The official cause of death for Xxxx Yyyyyyy was a “caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia,” said Richland County Coroner Gary Watts. It was the result of the teen ingesting the caffeine from a large Diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte from McDonald’s and an energy drink over the course of about two hours, Watts said."

Return to Top
#2130718 - 05/17/17 12:17 AM Re: Caffeine-Teen death Rocky P
Reg Warrior Online
100 Club
When I was in college I nearly shut down my kidneys by drink way to much caffeine. The cafeteria had all you can drink soda, so I drank a lot of soda everyday. Spent a week in the hospital flushing out my kidneys and being on a morphine drip due to the intense kidney pain. Since that time I stayed away from caffeinated products for the most part. The only caffeine allowed in my house is my husband's coffee.

Return to Top
#2130740 - 05/17/17 01:38 PM Re: Caffeine-Teen death Rocky P
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
when I used to work nights I lived on caffeine and chocolate milk, rarely drank anything else...yep, major kidney stones...while I still drink 2 cups of joe per day, rarely a soda, and at least a gallon of water daily. don't ever want to go through that again...

Return to Top
#2130813 - 05/17/17 06:07 PM Re: Caffeine-Teen death Rocky P
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I probably drink a pot of coffee per day along with several Diet Pepsi's.

Return to Top
#2130888 - 05/18/17 01:26 PM Re: Caffeine-Teen death Rocky P
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
along with several Diet Pepsi's

well, that explains so much... shocked

Return to Top
#2165118 - 02/19/18 06:13 PM Re: Caffeine-Teen death Rocky P
LiveFunLife Offline
When Red Bull first came out to the public in MI Early 2000's I drank to many and had the school nurse check me and send me to an urgent care. Everyone thought it was a simple 2 energy drinks. It was more in the range of 7. Kids lie and bend truth to not look bad. Just remember they can say it was only a few things but it could be waaaaaaay more than just caffeine. With that said kids should probably avoid the stuff... So should I lol

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett