Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2165703 - 02/23/18 09:12 PM Manufactured - Secured/Prop Interest on Denials
AW27 Offline
New Poster
We take online applications and there is a space to mark whether the property they want is manufactured or not. One application came in that marked it was a manufactured property, however, the app was immediately denied for credit. Our loan officer never spoke to the person.
She marked that she wanted to refinance her mobile home, but then she also marked that she rented the home (???).

So there are 2 new HMDA fields on manufactured properties - Secured/not secured by land and what the Land Property Interest is. Our loan officer does not know the answers to these as the app did not go far enough for her to find out.

I read some verbiage in a training manual that stated "NA" is only used for non-manufactured homes (i.e. the training manual insinuates not to put NA if you just don't know. It says list what the property WOULD HAVE been - the problem is we don't know.)

Does anyone have an opinion if I should just make a guess on these 2 fields or go with NA?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2165710 - 02/23/18 09:29 PM Re: Manufactured - Secured/Prop Interest on Denials AW27
Tracey, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Gorham, ME
I wouldn't guess on HMDA reporting. Can you google the address or anything to get any other information? Or have the loan officer call the customer.

Return to Top
#2165732 - 02/24/18 12:30 AM Re: Manufactured - Secured/Prop Interest on Denials AW27
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
I would look up the parcel number with your local assessor's office and see if the borrower is the owner of the land or not.

Return to Top
#2165778 - 02/26/18 02:48 PM Re: Manufactured - Secured/Prop Interest on Denials AW27
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
She marked that she wanted to refinance her mobile home, but then she also marked that she rented the home (???).

Keep in mind, too, that an awful lot of people refer to 'rent' when they are still making payments on a home. Yep...sure do!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2165819 - 02/26/18 04:31 PM Re: Manufactured - Secured/Prop Interest on Denials AW27
AW27 Offline
New Poster
I looked up the county assessor's site and it did not find the property - appears to be extremely rural.

I ended up emailing the compliance department at the OBA about this issue and to ask for guidance. I'll update this post if/when I hear back from them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM