Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2166098 - 02/27/18 10:03 PM Mobile Deposit Hold Reason
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Our institution has been using (improperly) "outside normal deposit history" as a reasonable cause to doubt collectibility. We are in the process of removing that as an option for frontline staff to use going forward.

However, with an increase in mobile deposits, Deposit Ops is now asking what valid hold reason (if any) they can use in situations where 1) the client is depositing via mobile deposit for the first time and 2) is depositing a check (ex. $2500) that is much larger than typical deposits to the account or in relation to the account balance. (Our mobile deposit T&Cs state we follow our standard funds availability policy, as detailed in our deposit agreement.) IS there a valid reason to place a hold on mobile deposits such as the situation above? Or, is it a risk we must accept?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2166104 - 02/27/18 10:56 PM Re: Mobile Deposit Hold Reason justsayjulie
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Accept or reject is your only option. I would be changing my T&C.

Return to Top
#2166167 - 02/28/18 05:25 PM Re: Mobile Deposit Hold Reason justsayjulie
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
We review mobile deposits fairly soon after it is deposited and if the item looks suspicious we do place a case by case hold on it and send the notification same day. Randy, are you saying that's not ok?

Return to Top
#2166172 - 02/28/18 05:36 PM Re: Mobile Deposit Hold Reason justsayjulie
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Yes - I was more directly addressing the "outside normal deposit history" issue.

Return to Top
#2166321 - 03/01/18 03:50 PM Re: Mobile Deposit Hold Reason justsayjulie
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Thank you!

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett